Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

its a group of independent countries :slight_smile: ???

6 Likes

I’m sure someone here has heard of it before :sweat_smile:Caribbean - Wikipedia

6 Likes

Need help to activate my account

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the Community! :wave:

We’re not Monzo employees, just enthusiasts. We can try to help, but please provide more information about what you mean by “activating” your account and what steps you have taken.

If in doubt, you can always reach out to Monzo support directly: https://monzo.com/help/

1 Like

Hi, I bought a new mobile phone and on my old phone I used the monzo application and I got rid of it and I want to log in on the new mobile phone and I didn’t receive an email. What is the server and when will I get to my account???

Could you clarify what you mean by the server?

Are you sure you entered the correct email and did you check your spam or junk folders?

Is it an iCloud email address?

1 Like

You’ll need to be sure the email you used when signing up, is the email you’re entering when you try and log in to the monzo app.

If you’re not sure which email you used, check all your email accounts to confirm any previous emails we sent, and use that one.

Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask.
But I am wondering if I can use my Monzo card in Turkey and Syria. Will monzo do the exchange rate for me? And will I be able to get out TRY or SYP from ATM cash machines?

Thank you

Hello, and welcome to the community. I’ll copy some useful links for you here:

The rest of the world (outside the EEA)

You can take out £200 for free every 30 days, and we’ll charge 3% after that. With Plus it’s up to £400 for free every 30 days, and up to £600 with Monzo Premium. After that, we’ll charge 3%.

https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-in-turkey

I thought there would be a Monzo in Syria thread, but there isn’t :woman_shrugging:. As long as card terminals and ATMs accept MasterCard I don’t see why it wouldn’t work; unless any of the sanctions mean that it won’t? There might be sanctions against Syria preventing MasterCard’s operation there. I’m no sanctions expert so best ask Monzo in app by going Help and searching Contact Us

2 Likes

Not sure about up–to–date info, but Mastercard was banned in Syria under the US sanctions from 2011.

1 Like

Cancel that. The status as at 2013:

1 Like

I can’t find any fancy maps but I think Syria might actually be on the sanctions list still, so it’s more likely than not that it’s a no go.

Op is best off contacting Monzo directly

Or an online travel guide to Syria
 If Mastercard is accepted in that country, it’s best to pay in local currency and let Monzo do the conversion.

ATMs and credit cards in Syria

Because of the foreign sanctions, in Syria, you can neither pay by credit card nor using ATMs. You must bring all your money in cash.

From here, updated this month:

You’re welcome.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Do you think the custom card for referral promotion will ever be coming back? That’s the main reason I joined and I missed it by one day :confused:

This one probably won’t (unless they have tons and tons of leftover card stock, even then, unlikely until next year). Maybe there will be something else in the medium to long term, but then again, maybe not

1 Like

Thanks for the “possible” info aha.

I recall that they sent an email out that says “not many cards left” or words to that effect. I also believe this is a one-time thing.

Just buy a card cover and have any design you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am unable to use the app as my card has not yet arrived. I ordered last monday afternoon, and it is monday afternoon right now, and every time I open the app it says “your card should have arrived” and does not let me go further into the app. Please help, what am I doing wrong? How much longer should I wait for the card?