Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

Probably a bit old for merging now. Letā€™s just carry on conversations on ethical policies over there! :slight_smile:

Can I use Monzo to make USD transfers from my local bank in the USA to my USD account at the Panin Bank in Indonesia? And assuming that is possible, what are the fees for this dollar to dollar service that does not involve conversion to another currency?

In the past I have used the SWIFT system initiated at my local USA bank at a flat cost of $45 per transfer, plus a $6 fee tacked on by the receiving bank, in this case, Panin Bank Indonesia. The total cost is then $51.

I recently opened a TransferWise account where their fee stated are the outset was $6.50. But the total fee turned out to be more: $20 for execution of the transfer through the SWIFT system which they use for dollar to dollar transfers, plus the $6 Panin Bank receiving fee. Neither of these fees were mentioned at the outset, but the $32.50 total was still less that the traditional method. Nor would TransferWise confirm that the $20 SWIFT would be the same for a larger amount, although I did get a confirmation from Panin that their receiving fee does not vary ā€“ its a flat fee for all amounts.

Again, my Question is what does Monza charge and does Monza state the full, no surprises, cost of a dollar to dollar transfer at the time it is authorized?

Monzo does not offer this service. Monzo doesnā€™t make transfers from my other U.K. based bank, to another U.K. based bank.

I donā€™t understand your reply. I did not ask anything about UK banks.

This is the bit you need. The rest was just amplification. :+1:

2 Likes

Are you a U.S. resident? If so, Monzo is not yet available over there.
Theyā€™ve said U.S. expansion is something theyā€™d like to work on, however thereā€™s no timeframe as of yet. Additionally, the service youā€™re describing isnā€™t something Monzo offers, as @Anarchist has said.
Hope you manage to find an alternative that works for you though.

1 Like

Itā€™s comingā€¦

1 Like

Hadnā€™t seen that, awesome news!

1 Like

Hello :wave:t4:

Will Monzo (in future) allow you to choose your own colour of bank card? :thinking:

Although I love the current and original colour, to enable a more personal feel it would be nice if we could choose our own colour of card, bespoke to each customer.

1 Like

If they do it is likely to be part of monzo plus, as that is where different card colours are currently available:

Although I guess it would be from a range, not a ā€˜bespokeā€™. At least until they have the finances to pay for that kind of card machining?

Hi, Iā€™m really keen to know if I can have more than one Monzo Business account when they launch? My wife and I have one small business together and I have a small business with my friend. I also undertake self-employed work so I have three business accounts at the moment. With the data all in one place, this could surely make my accounts mush easier too as I take my drawings in my Monzo current account.

You might want to ask this in the Business accounts topic where youā€™ve already answered some questions. Reason being it isnā€™t released yet so we donā€™t have all the details, and who knows if it is well recieved they might allow this for launch :slight_smile:

Hi Monzo team,

I would really like to see an integrated Bitcoin wallet in Monzo, allowing me to move funds into and out of BTC easily (like using my Investec savings pots). I and many others are using Bitcoin as a long term store of value / hedge.

Do you have any plans in considering this in your roadmap, perhaps this year ?!?

Thanks,
Anwar

You might be better off posting this in the Feedback & Ideas section so others who want the same can discuss and vote for it. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Im wondering does the switch service transfer salary or benefits etc as well as direct debits etc or do you have to contact payroll or dwp?

Yes it changes your salary and direct debits without you needing to do anything.

It also creates a ā€œforwarderā€, so should someone send money to your old account it will get deposited into your new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m new to Monzo, Iv put Ā£100 into my account but it says Iā€™m set to have Ā£87 left over can you please explain why it says that? Sue x

Is there a payment (direct debit?) for Ā£13 due out today?
Are you looking at the ā€˜homeā€™ (transactions list) screen or the Summary/Budget screen?

1 Like

Iv no direct debits set up Iā€™m just sorting the account out now all Iv done is transferred money from my account to Monzo itā€™s on summary x