Show True Balance

I had it down as a strange caching issue as clearing cache has resolved it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

What steps did you take to clear cache?

Dev Tools > Click & Hold Refresh > Clear Cache and Hard Reload

Where do I find Dev tools?

Right Click on the page and click Inspect, that brings up the dev tools panel. then go up to the refresh button :slight_smile:

On my iPhone?

No thats desktop, what browser are you using on your iPhone? Safari or Chrome?

I am not using any browser. I am using the discourse app.

1 Like

oh ok, can’t help any further then i’m afraid :confused: Sorry, don’t use the app, downloaded it and thought it was :poop: so deleted it again

I initially thought you were referring to clearing Monzo’s cache

Worst idea of 2020 and I’m wondering if you’re a troll tbh

4 Likes

I can see that monzo’s approach might not work for people that end up with lots of pending transactions that get reversed (hotels, hire cars, etc) but, for most people, monzo’s approach makes much more sense.

4 Likes

Someone here went into a negative balance because US restaurants double charge. 1st for the bill and 2nd for the bill plus tip. The first pending charge can take a week to clear.

1 Like

I’m not sure how this is relevant?

Firstly it’s Revolut, secondly it would seem to be something that wouldn’t happen with Monzo: the pending transaction might be updated with a new value, but there should never be two transactions, surely?

As for the rights and wrongs of the rest of it, they’ve all been covered up-thread, I think?

There are two transactions, I speak from experience.

1 Like

Can you explain a bit more? When I’ve been in the States it’s always been one transaction. :thinking:

It all depends on the merchant and how quickly they reverse the first, but it can be up to a week with my American cards.

1 Like

Ah yes, I understand that. My experience has been that the amount without the tip is debited from Monzo, then a few days later the same transaction is updated to include the tip amount, increasing the amount taken from my account.

But I understood you were saying that there were two separate transactions, not one that updated. Is that right?

Same here with Monzo. I can’t remember what happened with other cards.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s right. Where a transaction is pending, it hasn’t actually hit your account yet.