Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) chat

The Reward Platinum and Premier Reward Black are different accounts with different fees, hence the two posts.

1 Like

I’ve opened a Child & Co RBS

There isn’t an active card on the account. Cora is sitting at all night wait so far, what to do?

Open Cora, type live agent twice then ask them to order a card, there may be a queue. If you want to get through straight away login using online banking rather than the app.

Yep got that email as well :frowning:

You sticking with it? Or you back on team Monzo for Max? :laughing:

I’m 100% not a fan of increases but I’m also not a fan of the RAC as recovery :joy:

I’ll see if the increase is cheaper than getting the perks direct then go from there lol

1 Like

I still think even with the increase it’s way better value for what you get over what Max provides, especially when you factor in the £10 reward.

The home emergency one is probs the thing keeping me tbh. The perks are definitely better than Monzo but it’s also more expensive

1 Like

It all depends on whether if you moved to Max would you take out any of those additional products, such as unlimited lounge access or home emergency cover. If so it’s a no brainier to stay put for £26 a month after the reward discount.

There’s also the tastecard membership and cinema discount and concierge. It offers a lot.

1 Like

£15 non sterling transaction charge on the RBS credit card for a $620 purchase. Ooops :joy:

Damn purchase is getting refunded as well.

1 Like

Goes to show, though, despite the plethora of new products available that have zero charges, some old school bank cards will still rip you off.

2 Likes

You should get that fee returned as well tho.

1 Like

Is this fact (you know RBS will refund a fee on a returned transaction) or your opinion?

Would be nice if it did.

Every other card I’ve ever had a fee on a refunded transaction it’s been refunded so I would expect it to, but haven’t with RBS specifically. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like

I shall update in 7-10 business days :smiley:

1 Like

Well it turns out you are correct, refund received and the non sterling transaction fee refunded also.

2 Likes

As above it is fact. :rofl:

1 Like

Did someone recently open an Ulster account? I have a strange memory of someone saying they were able to use DigiDocs. I stupidly CASSed out before realising they offer the loyalty saver with 5.2% and now I want one.

But if I have to play the postal application game again, I won’t bother.

Last time, I ended up applying for a Ulster Account I had to do the postal option and it took quite a while to all get sorted.