Road map for Monzo USA launch

Hi Anthony.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll be sure to keep a look out for end of September.

I am based in New York! Does that make a difference?

1 Like

We’re currently hosting in-person hand out events. We’ve done one in LA, one in SF and are currently deciding where to do the next one. It’s good to know where people are based so we can see where there is demand :raised_hands:

You got a lot of ex-UK people in NYC so you’d probably get quite the turn out!

Just saying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each one can post the place where he/she lives. Basis, Monzo can decide the next place of event.
I live in NY.

@IslanderNY @elizajackso I don’t know New York too well and doing some research for event spaces. Do you have recommendations for an event spaces or areas to look at?

Hey Anthony,

I’ve been to a few music events in Williamsburg at: (both of these were for Sofar Sounds who I know rents out space a lot for their music events).

• Etiquette: Space and Cafe (53 Broadway)

• The Brooklyn Cellar
    In Manahttan…

• I went somewhere called the Farm? I think it was in Soho…

• A friend told me about ‘Openhouse’ but wasn’t sure if that was an event space or a company.

• Maybe check out WeWork? I know they rent out large spaces for events and there are quite a few buildings around the City and in Brooklyn.
    I think a lot of charity type events are just done at bars and they get rented out. Not sure of your target amount of people you’d want.

I follow the fashion blog ManRepeller and they host a lot of partnered events in their offices in SoHo. Might be interested in a collaboration?

Areas to look at:

• Brooklyn: I’d stick to either Williamsburg or DUMBO. Most New Yorkers will go to Williamsburg but very few will go outside that.
  • Manhattan: Soho, Tribeca, Greenwhich Village, Chelsea, East Village, Kips Bay. Those are all easy areas to get to that probably have a few options for yah.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you get an event scheduled so I can RSVP :slight_smile:

3 Likes