Revolut chat

You can pay 10k without fees, the month after you can pay another 10k without fees. For my business, the values are much higher but less frequent, so doesn’t work for me.

Who is cheaper though?

I think getting a moneybrokers (iirc) fx trading account is probably the cheapest way possible and something worth doing. But need to look into it at some point soon.

Is the FX quota for receiving foreign currency or converting foreign currency back into £? That is, you receive 20K, convert 10K in one month and 10K in the following month.

All you need to know about Revolut trading :chart:

It’s exactly as you said. For converting.

A fairly key point from the article: “Money held with Revolut is not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)”

Has anyone used revolut regularly in the UK as a spending card? I know it’s not really the point in what Revoluts all about but I was thinking about getting one to use for mainly online transactions until I actually go abroad next year

Yes, all the time! Works very well.

DM me if you want a link for a free card.

It’s very useful if you want certain spending segregated from your main account(s)

Their 3DS implementation is quite nice too, which is handy online.

Fee-free topups from credit cards are unique too - once you’ve used a card for a while, you can automate them as well.

2 Likes

Just got metal and loving what is being offered

was hoping Monzo and plus would serve me well but I got out of that put starling back as my main account and using Revolut as my spending card.

1 Like

Not Cardiff? That’s not how you fintech

7 Likes
1 Like

Just used Revolut successfully in Denmark :denmark: for a few days.

Excellent as a designated travel card and appreciated the simplicity/convenience of the new Auto-Exchange feature.

Head to Monzo Referral Wiki - Link 5 - to take advantage of following promotion:

It has been estimated that the average deposit has increased from £70 to £350 per customer in the first half of 2019.

1 Like

Deja vu:

P.S. Revolut Link 5 in the referral wiki.

3 Likes

7–18??

Parents controlling a 7 year old’s use = no brainier.

Controlling a 17 year old’s use = no way.

4 Likes

Completely agree. That’s how you make a teenager rebel. Teach kids early how to handle money, don’t manage them right up until 18.

3 Likes

Revolut are doing it right by getting them young as they’re more likely to stay with them, monzo are missing a trick IMO.

3 Likes