Revolut chat

They need to for sure.

3 Likes

Was buying a book this morning and discovered Revolut Pay (Iā€™m guessing this is years old?).

Basically scanned the QR code which launched the app where I tapped to approve.

Very easy and fast.

3 Likes

I think Rev Pay is fairly new.

Incidentally, Revolut as a verb (as in ā€œRevolut meā€) is a thing in Ireland, just like Monzo is here.

3 Likes

Monzo as a verb is a thing?

Definitely not in my grandad circle.

3 Likes

Revolut pay is fairly new, not seen in person yet though.

1 Like

It is. Iā€™ve heard people say ā€œIā€™ll Monzo youā€

4 Likes

We say it often enough. Or ping it to my monzo :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does this only work if the sender is using Barclays? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Carlo1460 is too young to remember Pingit :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve heard this is a London thing as well.

2 Likes

I was just about here :joy: 33 years young.

I
I never used pingit I donā€™t think. Convinced most to use Paym.

3 Likes

Speaking of Monzo, was watching the Apple TV+ Series ā€œBad Sistersā€ and one of them saidā€¦

ā€œBecca doesnā€™t even have a bank account, she does her shopping with her Monzo.ā€

Canā€™t believe that didnā€™t get fact checked.

3 Likes

I mean, if itā€™s representative of how the demographic views itā€¦

Never understood why they have that card sat on the Home Screen, it just screams pre-paid.

1 Like

Monzo or Revolut? Not sure what you mean by a card on the Home Screen.

Monzo.

The Hot Coral card that is visible when you open the app near your balance.

Or has that been gotten rid of?

1 Like

Here?

Or here? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When I go into the Monzo app it shows the account feed with just the top bit of the debit card showing. Pretty similar to how Chase do it.

1 Like

Yeah - for me I wouldnā€™t have the card in the landing part of the UI - as itā€™s synonymous with the perception of a spending card (opposed to an account that caters to all needs). But perhaps thatā€™s just me?

5 Likes
1 Like

Could you simplify what that means?

European Central Bank would control it (or supervise, however sugarcoated it may be), but how would that be significant in terms of the UAB licence?

Would that make it a super bank (not literal) and wholly more attractive in terms of investment etc, and a higher likelihood of UK licence?

1 Like