Revolut chat

Had the rainbow card for a while, December 2020 maybe. Never activated but had used Apple Pay for a while.

It’ll be my Newcastle pride card.

Be good to see the quality compared to the Monzo card, wasn’t sure if to go the grey vs the black, was also tempted by the shiny card :sweat_smile: I’ll work my way down.

4 Likes

Maybe something worth leaving for when they’re actually bank and become very tempting to try as a main account.

Revolut’s offering as a whole is very attractive to me. The only downsides right now is that they’re not a bank and it feels like there’s a bit too much clutter for my liking.

The license would make them a serious contender and potential threat though, that could become an entity you could have all your eggs with, which is a selling point of the traditionals that no fintech has matched yet.

3 Likes

I’ve been toying with the app all day, removed the clutter from the home page, added linked accounts (Starling :heart_eyes:), vaults (savings) for round ups which are £85k protected like a bank would, easy penalty free withdrawals too, and then pockets (pots).

I’ve no knowledge of crypto or the other stuff, but seems to have quite a lot going for it.

2 Likes

My first pride card fell apart within weeks. At the time, they said they didn’t have stock to replace it, so it got very tatty - think most of the laminate scraped off the front with little use.

Had a couple of ‘replacements’ since (Revolut has always required upgrades before any of my cards has expired…) and they’ve been OK. If they’d only let you choose the name on the card… So ugly I’ve scratched mine off!!

1 Like

Think it’s been in the same box for 18 months or so, I’ll have a look tomorrow.

Think the only card I know of that’s took a beating was my Monzo plus card. Other half’s coral card went tacky real fast, think he likes his yellow one though.

Revolut has ticked a few boxes for me today.

Open banking for Starling and Monzo together.

Setting a weekly budget that’s visible on the Home Screen so I can see where I’m at with my spending without having to add categories.

Black metal card.

Responsive customer service (though never had a problem with many other banks).

They have vaults/pots but can’t withdraw from them weekly by automation - which is a shame, but no biggy.

Multiple cards for various use cases, all linked to the same balance so I can mood swap :upside_down_face:

And it’s just let me order chromatic for free :raised_hands:t3:

And grey premium.

Damn.

Yeah, they’re ahead of the curve in many ways. Locked me out for a couple of months though once waiting for Compliance, who spent all of 30 seconds to then unlock my account… Not really willing to commit much to them since then!

1 Like

Anybody knows why they are forcing me to order a new Visa card until the end of this month, even though my current card expires in 2 years?

The say that they are phasing out old cards, but what would be different in the new ones? Haven’t head of any innovations for the chips of the cards…

1 Like

Probably just migrating it to MC.

So I checked & it’s definitely £12.99 postage included for Chromatic as a Metal user.

3 Likes

It’s let me order it for free :eyes:

1 Like

Same, £12.99 for a card as a Metal user :grimacing:

1 Like

Must be tied into the upgrade!

1 Like

Only upgraded yesterday, I’ll downgrade once they all arrive :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Be prepared to pay almost £60 for the privilege :laughing:

2 Likes

I have 15 hours to order the Chromatic card for free with an upgrade to Plus.

How does cancelling Plus work in terms of charges?

1 Like

You order, card arrives, you cancel and get charged the card fee (£10 normally but this one may end up being £13)

And if you’re @Carlo1460 you might end up paying £55 :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha it said those premium and plus cards were free basic snail mail delivery.

Yes, but if you downgrade you’ll have to pay the card “manufacturing” cost of £12.99 and £40, respectively

1 Like

Just say it’s a manufacturing defect, and ask for your original card back instead.

1 Like

To be fair, I may keep it running for the cover and other half’s birthday due (buying him a phone) and holidays on the horizon, may pay off having the security from it.

2 Likes

Any physical pics of this chromatic card online?