I’m currently on the Monzo Max plan and absolutely love using virtual cards to budget, especially by linking them directly to pay from specific Pots. It makes managing subscriptions and online shopping incredibly clean and secure.
However, the current cap of 5 active virtual cards feels very restrictive, especially for a top-tier premium tier like Max. With so much flexibility to create multiple Pots, it’s frustrating to hit a wall and have to constantly delete and recreate cards just to keep up with different spending categories or subscriptions.
It would be an amazing feature enhancement if Monzo could expand the active virtual card limit for premium tiers—ideally allowing us to have one virtual card per Pot.
Is anyone else hitting the 5-card limit on Max, Extra, or Perks and wanting to see this expanded? Would love to hear what everyone else thinks!
Using one card for all subscriptions defeats the purpose of Monzo’s Pot-linking feature.
The goal is true isolation. If I have one card linked to a “Streaming” pot, another linked to a “Gym” pot, and another for “Software”, the money is cleanly segregated.
More importantly, if a company makes it difficult to cancel a subscription, or if a site gets breached, I can freeze or delete that one specific virtual card instantly without breaking the payments for my other 10 subscriptions. Packing everything onto one card completely loses that layer of security.
Essentially you’re saying I should just use fewer Pots. But you’re completely missing the point.
Monzo allows you to create up to 20 Pots, yet caps you at only 5 active virtual cards. I want to split my money out into more than just 5 categories, which is exactly why I am requesting an increase to the card limit on a top-tier paid plan. The system allows for 20 Pots, so the virtual card limit should match that flexibility.
As below someone else has just pointed out that this has been requested before by other users. I am clearly not the only person who wants to split things out more than that. As with the other chat, unless you actually have something constructive to contribute to a feature request forum, you should probably stop telling other people how they should manage their money just because you can’t see past your own narrow routine.
A feature request forum is for users to suggest improvements to a product. If you don’t want the feature, that’s your opinion—but trying to repeatedly and incorrectly dictate how other people should manage their money within Monzo’s ecosystem isn’t a “challenge,” it’s just spam.
I’ll leave you to your emojis now and let the rest of the community actually discuss the request.