(Renamed) there are some crazy crazy people in the world

I’m having flashbacks to an ice sculpture and watchdog :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be much engagement with that post in 2 days.

:yawning_face:

it’ll probably just be a piece in the college/uni paper.

When this is their reply it’s so hard to understand why Monzo aren’t more sympathetic

4 Likes

Educational standards are slipping

5 Likes

I mean the 1st comma is correct… that’s something I guess :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

To be fair if someone blocked my account this would likely be mild compared to my response. This would be my response to someone making me pay a pound to put cash into my own bank account, actually blocking the account would get a far more robust reply than this virtual nursery rhyme…

3 Likes

The “sent from my Huawei phone” is hilarious after that rant.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I don’t work in a customer facing role anymore and have to deal with degenerates like this. Sadly it’s all too common though.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

These people often claim they’ll see monzo in court but it never seems to actually happen (although I doubt the courts would entertain anything until you’d been through the ombudsman first anyway).

Dealing with one on reddit at the moment… writes exactly like the typical scammer… ahem… ‘legitimate businessman’. It’s actually amazing how easy they are to spot.

Totally agree

2 Likes

Speaking of Reddit there are some impatient folk out there:

If you need a high value transfer, you don’t message them at 4.30pm. Sure, it shouldn’t be like this but still… if you choose to go full Monzo know what you’re in for

2 Likes

If you know, you know. But if you go full Monzo with the impression that it’s just like a high street bank, but with an app instead of branches, you might be in for a few surprises.

4 Likes

I find the weird hoops to jump through to move a large amount of money out of Monzo a bit like going back to the 1960s when you had to remember which day was half-day closing, and still had to be friends with the bank manager.

8 Likes

I know.

This is why I would simply never put myself in that position. In the long term, that’s Monzo’s loss - if I am worried about getting large sums out, I also won’t be putting them in, meaning I will continue to do at least some of my banking elsewhere.

2 Likes

I think the first few messages are excessive, a lot of these live chats don’t get anyone to you instantly.

But at the end it’s nearly 2 hours later! That’s not acceptable.

3 Likes

They do show average wait times “where they can do so accurately” so it seems a bit hit or miss or just overlooked by some.

1 Like

Absolutely. Monzo’s customer support whatever this can be called is inexcusable and the very reason I wouldn’t consider keeping any money with them at the moment. But I guess my point was constant hellos won’t help and will likely piss off whoever you eventually get. Being a Karen never helps

4 Likes