Remove the CVV numbers from the card

Remove the CVV number please. There is no reason to have that there. It would be so much more secure.

Why not just remove it yourself?

3 Likes

Could just say this in your other post rather than creating a post for each point.

I guess they’re making a separate post for each point so they can be voted on individually?

4 Likes

Probably the case didn’t think of that.

1 Like

They’re not having it in the app so how could you find out your CVV?

1 Like

If they removed it from the card they could have it in the app - that would be my preference

2 Likes

The CVV could be in the app.

1 Like

I do like this idea, but potentially the CVV number could change each time if in app to provide even more security

5 Likes

I think you should contact MasterCard not monzo about that

Like Apple Card, right.

2 Likes

Why not do what a couple European banks have and they have randomly generating CVV numbers that change every minute?

2 Likes

I like to be heard​:partying_face: :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What happens if you lose your phone?

2 Likes

Completely agree. Numbers and CVCs definitely need to remain on the cards until you can access the relevant details through Monzo Web.

1 Like

What happens if you loose your card?
Maybe it could be optional if you want your numbers on the card or not . I believe it’s a big security risk to have it on the card.

1 Like

Yes this is what I meant by having the CVV change each time, either similar or same behaviour as other places which have done this but potentially in the app instead

1 Like

If you lose your card you can get a new card for free in a couple of days. In the meantime, you can use Apple or Google Pay for most transactions and use the card number from your Monzo app (if you can remember your CVC).

It’s much more difficult to get a new phone - it can take more than a few days to arrive and it’s quite difficult to order a phone online if you don’t have your card details because they’re not on your card.

1 Like

That’s true, maybe we could have a back up paper card with all the details , which you could store securely at home or somewhere, because that’s less risk than taking your card everywhere with the all the details on and loosing it :slight_smile:
Or maybe it could be optional if you want details on your card.
I do believe that it’s a huge security risk having all the details on the card that someone would need to make unauthorised purchases or worse.
Even if you loose your phone, you could still use the card for purchase on the store, and you could contact monzo for card details .

2 Likes

Are you also suggesting that Monzo spends a fortune in replacing 1.7+ million cards just to remove the CVV number?