Redesigning Spending

I know - I’ve honestly no idea if we’re looking at that bit. I just play with it when I get it on my phone. I messed up my overdraft by playing with it too early :see_no_evil:

This feature won’t work for me at all. I get paid when my invoices get paid. Which is fine. But for dramatic effect, I’m genuinely gutted I won’t get to make good use out of an amazing feature.

Win some, lose some.

(Kieran McHugh) #171

I think the feature will still be of some use to you, particularly for tracking recurring outgoing payments. I am going to speak to the team to learn more about how we will be handling the case where people do not have any regular income.

A bit convoluted, but if you have a business bank account or something elsewhere you could possibly pay yourself a monthly salary to achieve the same effect.

it would be good to be able to manually tag or categorise certain income as salary and be able to do a report each year to assist completing the self assessment return

(Kieran McHugh) #173

Agreed, that would be a really good feature. Automatic salary detection is complex but we are working on it.

(Adam Kendrew) #174

Slightly off topic, but it’s great to see a regular insight from one of the product engineers here on the forum! :raised_hands:t3:

(Peter Roberts) #175

Oh no! I hope you didn’t end up paying unnecessary fees :open_mouth:

Just self-excluded myself :raised_hands:

:astonished: :cry:

(Only available in amateur ) #178

You know, you can contact help on the app about that or email…

:crazy_face:

Fixed it with slack instead. on the inside

Please let me tag Salary manually too!! My invoices are paid via clients direct via BACS/Faster Payment.

(Wayne Simpson) #182

I’m crying out for the spending redesign, any idea when us Android beta users will get it?

(Kenneth C Lawrence) #183

I’m sure the article says first glimpses end of the month for Android :smiley:

Surely it could be easily solved by allowing users to set their own time periods until the next payment.

(Jake Tame) #185

Maybe instead of automatic… We can manually flag which incoming payment is a salary and then future payments from this are then tagged as salary?

(Nick) #186

Not necessarily straightforward: my salary and expenses claims come in as transfers from the same payee.

Agree, and I suggested this before

as I think this must be the simplest method!

You know what payment is your salary/wages, and no complex algorithms needed.

(Jake Tame) #188

You can put some logic behind it, similar date to pay day, amount, etc…

I also get expenses paid but they actually appear as different names but not sure it’s from the same account.

I am lucky that most employers paid expenses separately to salary, but one paid the salary and expenses as a combined payment. Then having the ability to split a transaction and categorise them differently would be really useful. Notes and Tags just don’t cut it!