Pots for joint accounts

(Chris Herbert) #74

Would love to know a little bit more about what “soon” means.

Weve recently swapped to a joint account but looks like pots seem a bit fobbed off at the moment?

Any indication as to when this will be pushed out?

Tomorrow? Next week? Before Christmas? Next year?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #75

Haha you’ll see the :soon: emoji everywhere. From my experience it means that they acknowledge that it needs to be done but they haven’t scoped it out fully or decided when/where it fits into their roadmap so they can’t give a date.

(Ian Walker) #76

Hi Guys.

Full Monzo’d over from 25 years with HSBC. Told the missus that pots was one of the main reasons. I assumed it would have been in there having seen and used it for my personal account.

Help a lad out.

She’s asking what we setting up, I can only put her off for so long. Haven’t seen this in your upcoming sprints. If it gets more that 2 months, I my get bin bagged.

• Pots for Joint Accounts
    +1

Signed
Desperate from Liverpool

We are all hoping for before the end of the year but at the moment it’s unlikely to be before then :disappointed_relieved:

Pots need fully rebuilt to support joint accounts and all the plans Monzo have of them so it’s taking its time to get all this done and work through outstanding problems.

(Ian Walker) #78

Cheers for the quick reply. I did have a look on your Trello Roadmao board.

Noticed nothing on Short & Medium Term and then Long Term had Shared Pots. I considered this a different thing from Joint Pots.

So it doesn’t look like Shared Pots is on the Roadmap at all.

Anyway again thanks for the quick reply and I best get explaining to the missus what’s gone on and see how it goes.

(Mo) #79

@eyedoubleyou this was the recent update that @tjvr posted in case it helps…

Monzo haven’t been actively updating the Trello roadmap as they are building a new roadmap and tools to support this hence why it’s not on it. The post quoted by @Terra_cotta is the latest status from Monzo

(Ian Walker) #81

Thanks for pointing that out.
What methods have people used then to ‘get around’ this for now.

One pot in one of the personnel accounts. This is going for saving pots but what about ‘protected monies’ so say the ‘Bills’ money. As all the DD’s now come from the other account.

We keep all our money in our joint account, whatever’s left at the end of the month is transferred to a personal pot

(joekw) #83

Originally, i was transferring all my bills/rent to the joint account as soon as i was paid. However, this meant that regular spending (shopping, eating out etc) was eating into rent money without us realising. So now i’m keeping bills/rent money in a pot in my personal account and transferring to the joint account a few days before it goes out. Not great if i forget to transfer it…

(Micky) #84

Can’t the Summary help you in this situation? If you’re paying rent with DD/SO then will will be deducted from the remaining balance on the summary screen. I use the value shown on the summary screen rather than relying on the current account balance

(Tom) #85

Any update on when we can expect to see joint account Pots?

(Sean) #86

(Tom) #87

Thanks!

(EJ) #88

Great news that pots for JAs are coming! thanks for the update

Yes need pots for JA. Just convinced my wife to (reluctantly) move to Monzo for this purpose so need the function soon pls!

I know its stated in a few places, but you do such a good job of attracting people in its easy to miss. Then its a v early blow to find this functionality missing. I’ll put my name on the growing list of people who’ve talked up the idea of changing over to Monzo to partners, with this functionality in mind, to be left playing games with personal account pots for budgeting. It’s a shame.

(Tom) #91

I know exactly what you mean! Need joint pots ASAP otherwise it’s a non-starter.

(tomstinton) #92

First time poster (long time customer) my one and only request…

@tristan and the team at Monzo, please, please, please add pots for joint accounts. :pray: