Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯

(Andrew Raynes) #93
  • Ability to lock a pot till goal is met (could have a fine to beak in early - customer sets fine amount)

• DD to pots

• Upload picture to pot

2 Likes

(Alex Sherwood) #94

Some good news for everyone who wasn’t happy with the location of Pots - @zancler’s just shared a preview of the redesign of the Spending tab on Twitter & they’ll now be in the Spending tab :boom:

Screenshots from here.

Click the images to see the full screenshot..

-

6 Likes

Redesigning Spending
Targets - Custom Timeframes 1
Difference between Tags and Categories
Spend tracking and exemptions
2017 In Numbers
(Zander) #95

Thanks for sharing on! Worth mentioning this is still certainly a work in progress and liable to change, but we will 100% be showing Pots here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Redesigning Spending

Looking good! Can you share any thoughts about what this means for Pots in the Account tab going forward?

0 Likes

(James Brierley) #97

As part of this revamp will there be the predicted recurring payments? Netflix etc kind of bills that are not direct debits but are every month?

0 Likes

(Alex Sherwood) #98

There should be, that functionality was shown in the first preview of the redesigned Spending tab -

Breakdown

0 Likes

(sam) #99

I would LOVE it if I could schedule a monthly payment from my current account into each of my pots.

Right now I have a pot for christmas presents, and one for holidays, but I often forget to put money into them (I use Google Calendars :calendar: to remind me). If I could set up a way for Monzo to automatically transfer money into each of these pots on a certain day of the month, I wouldn’t have to worry about accidentally spending the money!

Would be amazing if you could do this :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sam

3 Likes

(Stephen) #100

Is their plans in place for people to see incomings / outgoings for each pot rather than across Monzo as a whole?

2 Likes

(Emma (still not the app)) #101

Not sure when notes on pots was added but thanks! Really helpful

But noticed when I searched Coin Jar the info at the bottom is really confusing. Spent means what’s gone in and received is the rounded up version of what I’ve transferred out of it. Think it needs rewording (and not rounding up)

2 Likes

(Kenneth C Lawrence) #102

I would love to see a similar to pre-paid card option linked to a pot (one card per customer?). Attach it to a pot as that pots spending money.

This way I would take that card with me on nights out, knowing I am limited to the funds in that pot (and can transfer in app if need be), or to use to separate monthly spending money knowing my Direct Debits will still be fine in my main account.
I know there are plans already to have Direct Debits come out of specific pots, but this in reverse could also work well, bills out of the main account and spending funds in a pot that can only be spent using the ‘additional card’.

Just my thoughts (recovering shopaholic needing to budget better haha).

1 Like

(Adam) #103

Please let us do the following:

• reorganise pots on the accounts page, so we can get to pots we use more often. Alternatively you could implement a list view as well.
  • transfer smaller amounts to pots, at the moment we can only transfer £5 minimum.

Thanks

Adam

1 Like

(Emma (still not the app)) #104

Click on the amount button between + and - and you can add any amount

1 Like

(Ben Green) #105

I’d like the ability to hide certain pots.

It’s harder to spend what you don’t know you have :wink:

6 Likes

(Josh Carson) #106

I’d love to have direct debits come straight from pots - specify what payment should come from what pot.

Or at least have my direct debits hidden from my available balance

4 Likes

(Sam Buxton) #107

Not sure if this has been asked for before, but could we possibly have something like this for pots when there is a goal you’re heading for?

I like how Nationwide show you how much you’d need to deposit daily, weekly and monthly to meet a goal by a certain date!

12 Likes

(Jack) #108

or lock the money in there until a future date say 6 months time

2 Likes

(Aaron Bamford) #109

Adding my two cents here, I may or may not be repeating anything mentioned before:

• The ability to add or withdraw a custom amount from a pot (I had to to two withdrawals to get the amount i needed. I couldn’t find an obvious way to do this differently)
  • I’m not sure how this would work. But it would be good to assign payments to a pot withdrawal. In my scenario I withdrew the amount I needed from my pot, then made the payment. It would be good if it tied these up somehow and made my feed show this better. The integration with the main account and payments seems a bit clunky.
0 Likes

(Kenneth C Lawrence) #110

Hi @airzy91, custom amount, click on the figure (£5) and it will let you enter any amount of your choice :slight_smile: Unfortunately not obvious at all, but this is how it’s done.

The payments to a pot is something they are looking into for the future - to have all direct debits come out of a bills pot for instance. Not sure how far off this is, but is something they’ve mentioned in the early days.

2 Likes

(Aaron Bamford) #111

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I thought i’m normally pretty intuitive with that sort of thing. Apparently not!

1 Like

(Emma (still not the app)) #112

@tristan is there anyway to make it more obvious on the app how to input a custom amount to add or withdraw a specific amount to/from a pot? Seems to be a recurring problem that people have no idea it’s an option and that they can only choose from the + and - buttons

8 Likes