Parental monitoring 16-17 account

Hi, I am considering opening an account for my 16 year old son.
I’ve tried searching in the help and faq sections but can’t find an answer.

I need to be able to monitor the account for at least a year or so. My son is autistic, and I want to help him learn and gain financial independence. I need to be able to show him where he’s spending, how much, and how to save - is there also the option of a linked savings account where his birthday/Xmas money can be paid in and transferred to the current account when needed?

Is there the option for me to have the Monzo app so I can monitor transactions?

You could apply and set it up using your phone as long as you don’t already have a monzo account

But won’t that log each of them out everytime the other logs on? If they are both on the same OS I guess.

There are likely to be regulatory or legal obstacles to be overcome in running an account on another’s behalf.

That said, I’d advise you to contact Monzo direct at help@monzo.com. They should be able to guide you through the process.

1 Like

Yes. That would give the parent control of the app and not the account holder

There was talk in a similar case that they could set up a linked account (similar to a joint account) but I’m not sure what came of that

Thanks. Just to note, I am his legal appointee regarding his PIP benefit

Id recommend having a chat with Monzo by emailing them your question.

Help@monzo.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.