Out-of-date terms?

I know it says maximum, but why say that when it is impossible (in its current form) to ever top up that amount? You might as well say £9999.
Terms are meant to be clear, also it doesn’t mention the minimum topup of £100. Meaning I could argue that I shouldn’t have to complete an initial topup. Which is why having it read ‘initial load - £100’ removes all ambiguity.

1 Like

I agree it should be -

When you pay - Initial
Method - Debit Card
Limits - Initial load £100
not -
When you pay - Purchase
Method - Debit Card
Limits - Maximimun initial load £400

Unless M… are planning on changing the initial deposit when they are a bank or in the future ? which I cannot see encouraging new accounts

might also be an idea to have a date on the terms and conditions / last updated ?

1 Like

I’d like to possibly see them versioned with diffs too, that way someone can quickly check the exact changes to the terms.

4 Likes

Generally the notice period is when you are advised what is changing and when they will take effect (the two months notice).

hey @tristan I seem to be having trouble still to easily locate Monzos up to date Terms and Conditions - maybe Im being stupid or something - I would expect these T and Cs to be easily viewable on your webpage having searched using the frying pan on the forum I can find these https://monzo.com/terms/#the-card not sure they are in date or when they were published ??? cant see anywhere on the web page T&Cs are available

Whilst I appreciate the T&Cs are available in app (for iPhone users at least - not sure Android) they should be available to all pre sign up without too much of a search

and while Im at it :slight_smile: spending limits should also be easily viewable pre sign up in a different place to T&Cs which nobody reads :slight_smile: - I see you have one fairly upset person on the twitter feed who wasn’t aware of any limits - and again I appreciate this is easily viewable on the iPhone app once signed up and using it.

Yep, those are the Ts&Cs but agreed — they need to be more easily findable from the website and not just the app (they’re in both iOS and Android apps before you signup) :slight_smile: We have a new design that’s rolling out which you can see on some pages that will have that (as well as much clearer FAQs and ways to contact us and complain etc.).

I’m not sure I’d agree we need to put the limits in more places pre-signup but we can definitely put more of them in-app (and we will be :slight_smile: ). Unfortunately we sometimes fall behind keeping everything exactly in-sync!

2 Likes