Out-of-date terms?

in your newest blog on using Mondo abroad you still seem to have the same T & C s ?

1 Like

It also doesn’t mention the £1000 monthly ATM limit

1 Like

This is by far the biggest issue. Really there should be a warning in the app about this when you’re getting close to the limit. I talk too much about being made homeless in Tokyo by my bank, but the truth is this limit could cause the exact same issue for a Mondo user, and it’s not documented anywhere.

Granted, “carry a backup card” applies as always, but what’s less obvious is that once you’ve loaded funds on to your Mondo card there is no easy way to transfer them out again to the backup card’s account. So “don’t load essential funds onto your Mondo card” also becomes a necessary warning.

4 Likes

Mondo team ---- has this been updated ???

2 Likes

As a customer this is quite concerning that such an important legal document is not being kept up to date. I assume it’s not been updated yet since I’ve not received an email to advise of the change to T&Cs that I originally agreed to?

Properly reading the terms has thrown a couple of questions other than the accuracy of them.

Finding a phone number to contact you on is almost impossible unless you know the link to the T&Cs. If someone steals a bag containing both phone and card then the quickest way to contact you is via the phone. Ideally popping your customer support number at the bottom of your website as well as a T&Cs link would be very useful.

I don’t know what my limits are. I don’t ever remember being told if I had gone through identify verification and therefore don’t fully understand my limits :disappointed:

2 Likes

Mondo verifies your identity by checking your credit history (soft). If you don’t have a credit history on the details you provided, you would be asked to submit scanned copies of some of your IDs. If you are not yet verified, the limits are smaller (don’t know exactly by how much). Also you would not be able to receive money from someone on Mondo (you can send though). here

1 Like

Apologies for the delay in replying to you guys—I just got back from holiday :slight_smile: I’m chasing this up now and will update you asap.

3 Likes

Sorry for forgetting to update here! @willw is working on updating the terms at the moment :slight_smile: We should have them up in the next few weeks

4 Likes

A quick update because I know this is something we’ve lagged on and been a bit ‘unMondo’ esque. They’re with Wirecard, our issuing bank, for approval and as soon as we have that, we’ll update :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The updates have been approved :tada: As soon as I find half an hour to get them live, I’ll do it and post here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep it is. Which in my example case of card and phone both being stolen is pretty unhelpful

The updated limits should now be in the Terms & Conditions :slight_smile: Apologies again for the delays. We’re also working on making all of these documents much more user friendly so watch this space!

1 Like

Sorry to be nitpicking, under 2.1 initial load, how does one have their initial load to £400 when the app forces you to top up £100? Surely it should read ‘initial load - £100’ unless their are plans to change the amounts of the initial loads?

Is it supposed to be Not available?

Fee for loading card by debit card Not available

Fee for loading the card by electronic / bank transfer £0

2 Likes

Have you notified the users that the terms have been updated? The terms state that you will: :stuck_out_tongue:

We may change any of these terms and conditions, including fees and charges, or introduce new terms. If we make any changes, we will give 2 month’s prior written notice to you by email.

2 Likes

maximum:” initial load £400 ?

I know it says maximum, but why say that when it is impossible (in its current form) to ever top up that amount? You might as well say £9999.
Terms are meant to be clear, also it doesn’t mention the minimum topup of £100. Meaning I could argue that I shouldn’t have to complete an initial topup. Which is why having it read ‘initial load - £100’ removes all ambiguity.

1 Like

I agree it should be -

When you pay - Initial
Method - Debit Card
Limits - Initial load £100
not -
When you pay - Purchase
Method - Debit Card
Limits - Maximimun initial load £400

Unless M… are planning on changing the initial deposit when they are a bank or in the future ? which I cannot see encouraging new accounts

might also be an idea to have a date on the terms and conditions / last updated ?

1 Like

I’d like to possibly see them versioned with diffs too, that way someone can quickly check the exact changes to the terms.

4 Likes