Our all-new Savings Pot is here šŸŽ‰

Email to confirm - off to chip I go with my savings!

4 Likes

3.7% is fine for convenience, and if you want a better rate, sure there are robo investors and banks desperate for any deposits

2 Likes

Robbed.

5 Likes

Genuinely interested why people bother for such small gains. I can see moving from 2.5% to 5% or similarā€¦

Do people really notice the extra 0.3%? for the hassle? This isnā€™t a dig at @Randomizer1234 by the way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe people have hundreds of thousands in the bank, or have the philosophy that the rich people are rich because they pinch pennies

10 Likes

Yes, itā€™s an extra minimum Ā£50 per year for me. I donā€™t earn Ā£50 in the 10 minutes it takes to open an account and transfer the money across, so itā€™s worth doing.

5 Likes

I donā€™t regard moving money about, to increase my income, as a hassle. The funny thing about this is that there are many on Monzo, and other very similar banks, that go on and on about pots etc. as it makes their life ā€˜easierā€™. That must take up far more time than moving your money across to a better rate considering just how easy it is.

1 Like

Ā£1.15 for a kinder egg!? You must be in London!

85p (regular price, not a discount) in my co op. Or Ā£2 for a box of 3.

When I was young(er), they were about 40p and the toys were better.

2 Likes

But constantly checking every week, and transferring it all over multiple times when the rate changes, possibly dealing with banksā€™ overzealous security?

5 Likes

Sainsburyā€™s prices. Iā€™m always shooketh whenever I go any shop lately tbh.

2 Likes

There really isnā€™t a lot of hassle, take a couple minutes at most

2 Likes

I check when the rates are announced, hardly every week. Think this is an agree to disagree thing, but if youā€™re happy with it in Monzo and people are happy to shift around and earn more, then everyone is a winner.

4 Likes

With Kroo offering (at the time of writing) 4.1% - would love to see Monzo match that:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#easyaccess

1 Like

If my maths are right you would have more than Ā£150K in an instant access account ?

1 Like

With interest rates rising a lot recently, some of the people quoting these figures might want to start thinking about checking whether youā€™re in danger of maxing out on your tax-free allowance and needing to pay tax on your saving interest. In which case, start using ISAs again. If youā€™re fortunate enough to be a higher-rate taxpayer, the tax-free limit is lower.

ISAā€™s are still behind leading instant access, but fixing for a year or more has some good results.

The best strategy I think it to spread your savings around, fix some if you can (I use the 6 & 9 month ones where I know I need the money soon).

4 Likes

Ā£15k. Youā€™re a decimal point off somewhere

2 Likes

haha! I thought something was wrong ! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Monzo arenā€™t desperate for any business

A 0.3% increase will pay for the SIM for my Pixel, so yes, worth it for me. No hassle either - transfer to current account then transfer to new savings account.

4 Likes

Hopefully can move it back into Monzo, but that isnā€™t happening anytime soon with this rate

6 Likes