Our all-new Savings Pot is here šŸŽ‰

I donā€™t use it for my personal account but I do a dump of my joint account once a month or so and it took me a minute to work out why my pots didnā€™t tally on my sheet to what my account said.

Poor Monzo, poor.

1 Like

The interest accrued figure for May has been stuck on the same number for the last few days, maybe a week, since updating to the new pot screen. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Iā€™m curious whether there will be pots available within the instant savings pot. Its addition is great, but weā€™ve bundled all our savings pots together into the instant pot for better interest, making the other pots redundant. I really miss being able to sort my money in that way.

11 Likes

This why I run a spreadsheet, breaking down how my Instant Savings Pot is comprised.

Not ideal, I agree, but itā€™s how I have handled multiple pots within other savings providersā€™ accounts.

2 Likes

This is what I do now, itā€™s annoying as the individual pots are the best feature in Monzo for me and they are now essentially pointless. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I do, although Iā€™m more lazier and just use the notes app detailing what itā€™s for.

5 Likes

@andys this keeps coming up - itā€™s a real pain point for a whole bunch of us.

If there is a good reason why you can only offer one savings pot, then I think sharing that would help us get our heads around it. But if not, could we beg you to reconsider / deploy the :soon: emoji? :pray:

24 Likes

Savings pots are now 3.7%. Underwhelming following Chaseā€™s announcement. Effective from right now though.

Would love to move my money back into Monzo - 4.5% would do the trick :slight_smile:

Will be moving my cash savings out of Monzo given this disappointing news.

3 Likes

I know, itā€™s shocking. My Ā£10k saved will get an extra 84p a month with Chase!

20 Likes

Yeah, I wish I had enough savings for this to be something to get frothy about.

10 Likes

I just did the same maths across the various accounts and even though I was hoping for more than 3.7%, the convenience of having it all in Monzo still trumps the few extra pounds a year Iā€™ll get elsewhere :neutral_face:

12 Likes

Very shocking. Thatā€™s one less 4 pack of kinder chocolate bars per month if I stick with Monzo. Canā€™t afford that kind of sacrifice. :frowning:

5 Likes

Iā€™d bet they will put the AER of the first party pot up to 4% by the end of the week :eyes:

1 Like

I doubt it when theyā€™ve only put it up to 3.7% today.

3 Likes

Oh, I missed that. Thought it had been there for a whileā€¦

They seem to always be in the ballpark of the top of this list:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/

If they stay at 3.7% then thatā€™s really disappointing.

1 Like

Where you getting kinder for 84p? :eyes:

4 Likes

Co-op. Theyā€™re even included in the meal deal!

https://shop.coop.co.uk/product/6b349331-17f5-4718-907c-bf22579fe948

2 Likes

Asking the important questions!

3 Likes