Our all-new Savings Pot is here šŸŽ‰

Itā€™s the same screen for other banks as well. Just a means of copying your account details.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve raised your rate to 3.2% AER (variable) - well done Monzo! :grinning:

7 Likes

Since the 23rd, too :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hoping there is some movement on the rate for this. :pray: would like to keep my savings in Monzo but the gap is widening a bit too much now.

3 Likes

Unlikely but you never know, Monzo have to make money out of the deal too

2 Likes

Chip - 3.71%. Why bother with Monzo?

Some people prefer everything in one place as itā€™s that bit easier to manage and keep track

9 Likes

Monzo run their own savings account now so thereā€™s a bit of hope in there they may increase naturally.

1 Like

They were lightning quick off the back of the base rate increase. Very much a catch up as opposed to market leading though. They donā€™t seem to be reactive to competition at all it would seem.

3 Likes

As much as I like having everything all in one place, I am tempted by the latest Chip news. I really hope Monzo start to be competitive in their offering.

1 Like

it gets my hopes up for a new rate every time I see a new post in this thread haha

7 Likes

Iā€™ve always been (and still am) of the opinion that Monzo does a good job when it comes to easy access savings rate. Thatā€™s because they stated their aim is to provide better options than fellow current-account-providing banks, and Monzo always does fairly well in comparison to this subset. At the moment, Monzo (3.20%) is top of the pile of easy access accounts at such banks, along with Nationwide (3.20%). Chase @ 3.10% is the next best option.

If youā€™re willing to move your savings to a bank that doesnā€™t provide a current account, youā€™ll always find better options than Monzo (or any other current-account-providing bank). I think most people probably donā€™t bother which is probably why banks who provide current accounts generally donā€™t try to top those who donā€™t.

As an aside, Iā€™ve just noticed that Monzo savings accounts are not currently listed in moneyfacts tables. Has this always been the case? I thought I had seen them listed in the past.

5 Likes

18 Likes

3.4% TYSM Monzo! :hugs:

23 Likes

Thanks for the rate increase, Monzo

13 Likes

Itā€™s the speed of implementing it that continues to impress me. Itā€™s set a new standard, and thatā€™s very much the promise of fintech fulfilled for savings. Love that.

Twice now theyā€™ve passed a share of the BOE increase onto us on the day itā€™s announced, mere hours afterwards. It shows everyone else up. To think I was previously full of praise for Atom moving within a few days. That seems way too slow now.

43 Likes

Worth pointing out that I had an update from Coventry Building Society at 12:59 (Just under an hourā€¦) - to 3.6% for their easy access.

Also would love to see a greater rate - was hoping for at least 3.5%, and closer to 4%. Will move my savings out of Monzo over the weekend.

1 Like

All good, and please donā€™t complain when they go down as quickly

5 Likes

Chip is still the king for me so far at 3.71% but Monzo is so quick and fast at least.

6 Likes

This is great!

Still frustrated that interest payments donā€™t appear in the Google sheets export though.

3 Likes