Other bank accounts in your Monzo App?

Yes, I’d be more than happy. My ‘old’ bank has changed their T&C’s already to include this option, but I prefer the simplicity of the monzo app.
I’d trust you, on the proviso if your security systems did happen to be compromised you would replace anything that did get lost (same as if my ‘old’ bank card gets skimmed etc and the bank takes the hit).

In principle a fine idea but only if it could do everything. A real success would include my current accounts at three other banks, a handful of credit cards with varying balances, a Sipp, other savings and an ISA.

1 Like

YES PLEASE. There are a few of these apps about, but they are mainly poor. A read only option could also be configurable in the app. PLEASE ensure fingerprint login though.

1 Like

I’d like to be able to store loyalty cards in Monzo. I currently use StoCard. The fewer apps, the better.

4 Likes

Isn’t this what Android Pay is designed to do?

Have a look at this thread. Hopefully as this third-party integration develops, it will take care of the loyalty issue, too, even if it’s not an area Monzo addresses.

1 Like

Yeah this is a good idea. I would like to see my daily spending in one place. And keep the budget in one place too. Hope it supports credit cards too and is quick with the notifications.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about adding your spend on other cards/accounts to the budget/spending… That’s an interesting idea. Thanks

3 Likes

Seriously love this idea. Should it be on the trello ideas board? @whoever is able to do things like that?

2 Likes

Hopefully it’ll get on there soon.

1 Like

If PSD2 is around the corner why not wait?

This of course cannot happen until Pots are available. but a read-only pot which just shows balance is a very boring pot.

And if I need to see my Metrobank Balance, I can just go into the app. One more app on the home screen never hurt anyone.

Simon addressed this earlier in the thread:

1 Like

In addition it’d be great (although maybe not possible?) if things like NS&I bonds, and pensions could be included?

2 Likes

Simon, do you have any thoughts on how this changes things?

https://www.openbanking.org.uk/2017/11/22/uks-open-banking-project-expanded/

:grin:

1 Like

I saw that, very exciting…

3 Likes

Reversing the question slightly - does Monzo have a public API which I can use to have those transactions in an app like Yolt?
I’m open to trying new services and like what Yolt is doing do far …

Should note that having registered after becoming a pre-paid Monzo user, my Starling account has now activated and Yolt already works with Starling Bank - for once they are ahead of the game on something!

1 Like

@Taltos do have a public API for developers to access their own spending data :slightly_smiling_face:

Lots more info here, I’d recommend going on our developers Slack too!

3 Likes

I’m using Yolt at the moment. I would like Monzo to become my intelligent financial advisor- checking what I’m spending across all my accounts, advising me to make savings when possible, prompting me to put money aside- I would rather have it more Yolt-like.

I used to use Microsoft Money - remember that? (No probably not you Millenials- ask your parents! :wink: ) to categorise my spending and help me to budget.

If I can have my own little prompts and AI to help me within the app? I’m all for it!

2 Likes

This is essentially what Monzo will become as it grows :wink:

Hope so- all good so far!