Open office January

(Kieran McCann ) #9

It actually exists, I WANT IT!! :scream:

Not seeing a :monzo: though :thinking: Thought that would have replaced the Monzo text.

(Alex Sherwood) #10

I don’t think there’s enough contrast between the bottom right hand part of the :monzo: & the card :pensive:

(Kieran McCann ) #11

You make a good point.

also it is good for non customers seeing or handling the card say in a shop to see the bank’s full name rather than just a logo

(Josh Bray) #13

I still think just the logo would be great

The icon could be used with a black background like it appears on the Android desktop while the rest of the card is the iconic hot coral

I did a write up of the event… it can be found here… Probably not the same as being there in reality but i hope it helps…

Regards

Bhavesh

This makes me happy! :slight_smile:

(Alex Sherwood) #17

It’s good to hear your thoughts on how the marketplace might work

The customer journey will probably look like this: a customer requires a mortgage/loan, the customer will go to the Monzo platform, and Monzo will do the ‘behind the scenes’ complex number crunching, to get the the best deal for the customer. A win win revenue model, with partnership proposition and a multitude of FS, fintechs and other banks. I created this diagram on the train home from the event, to bring to life what is next in my eyes.

I’m sure that, that will be a viable business model (& perhaps the only way to manage the service while there aren’t many providers who’re part of the marketplace) but ultimately, I hope this isn’t the approach that they stick with, for the reasons I’ve explained here -

I think it comes back to trust and affinity to brand. If monzo continues to keep that ethos of doing whats right for customers and revenue is a side effect then it will work. If they move KPIs to a revenue first model then it will fail. Trust is hard to get and very easy to lose.

(Peter Johnstone) #19

Thanks everyone for the updates! Delighted to hear about the progress to becoming a full bank, and really glad to hear about the staggered rollout! Hopefully I can make it along to the next one :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Alex Sherwood) #20

I never got a chance to talk to them but there was a rogue Lloyds bank employee at the event who was wearing a hot coral watch strap & shoes (or something else anyway) too :clap:

(Dan Warriner) #21

I might have missed it, but did anybody hear an updated timescale on the possible rollout of the current account, or are we still aiming for ‘summer’?

(Rika Raybould) #22

There isn’t really any solid time frame other than it being a very soft rollout over the year. A lot of the specifics as to how that will actually work are still up in the air.

(Josh Bray) #23

That wasn’t me. Wonder who else is a rogue

(James Doc) #24

I meet a couple of ‘rogue’ bank folk at the event from Lloyds and NatWest.

(Naji Esiri) #25

@warriner We’re trying to avoid using the word launch too much as it’s not going to be a big bang moment :slightly_smiling_face:. Hopefully in a couple of months we can start by rolling out a handful of current accounts, then a few hundred, then a few thousand… and so on! Scaling up gradually and hopefully switching a big chunk of Monzo customers to current accounts by Autumn!

How can one agree to the new T&C's?
(Tom Warren) #26

Hi @Naji,

Without pestering too much. Do we know how far behind the rollout of current accounts the Current Account Switch service will be?

I for one am very keen to get a current account but with the added peace of mind the Current Account Switch brings.

Thanks!

(Naji Esiri) #27

Hey! @TomW

No news on this front I’m afraid :frowning:️ Once we have some confirmed dates, I’ll be sure to share with you. Completely understand the value of that extra piece of mind with a current account switching service!

(system) closed #29

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.