Open office January

It actually exists, I WANT IT!! :scream:

Not seeing a :monzo: though :thinking: Thought that would have replaced the Monzo text.

I don’t think there’s enough contrast between the bottom right hand part of the :monzo: & the card :pensive:

1 Like

You make a good point.

1 Like

also it is good for non customers seeing or handling the card say in a shop to see the bank’s full name rather than just a logo

2 Likes

I still think just the logo would be great

2 Likes

The icon could be used with a black background like it appears on the Android desktop while the rest of the card is the iconic hot coral

1 Like

I did a write up of the event… it can be found here… Probably not the same as being there in reality but i hope it helps…

Regards

Bhavesh

8 Likes

This makes me happy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s good to hear your thoughts on how the marketplace might work

The customer journey will probably look like this: a customer requires a mortgage/loan, the customer will go to the Monzo platform, and Monzo will do the ‘behind the scenes’ complex number crunching, to get the the best deal for the customer. A win win revenue model, with partnership proposition and a multitude of FS, fintechs and other banks. I created this diagram on the train home from the event, to bring to life what is next in my eyes.

I’m sure that, that will be a viable business model (& perhaps the only way to manage the service while there aren’t many providers who’re part of the marketplace) but ultimately, I hope this isn’t the approach that they stick with, for the reasons I’ve explained here -

I think it comes back to trust and affinity to brand. If monzo continues to keep that ethos of doing whats right for customers and revenue is a side effect then it will work. If they move KPIs to a revenue first model then it will fail. Trust is hard to get and very easy to lose.

Thanks everyone for the updates! Delighted to hear about the progress to becoming a full bank, and really glad to hear about the staggered rollout! Hopefully I can make it along to the next one :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never got a chance to talk to them but there was a rogue Lloyds bank employee at the event who was wearing a hot coral watch strap & shoes (or something else anyway) too :clap:

1 Like

I might have missed it, but did anybody hear an updated timescale on the possible rollout of the current account, or are we still aiming for ‘summer’?

There isn’t really any solid time frame other than it being a very soft rollout over the year. A lot of the specifics as to how that will actually work are still up in the air.

2 Likes

That wasn’t me. Wonder who else is a rogue

1 Like

I meet a couple of ‘rogue’ bank folk at the event from Lloyds and NatWest.

3 Likes

@warriner We’re trying to avoid using the word launch too much as it’s not going to be a big bang moment :slightly_smiling_face:. Hopefully in a couple of months we can start by rolling out a handful of current accounts, then a few hundred, then a few thousand… and so on! Scaling up gradually and hopefully switching a big chunk of Monzo customers to current accounts by Autumn!

5 Likes

Hi @Naji,

Without pestering too much. Do we know how far behind the rollout of current accounts the Current Account Switch service will be?

I for one am very keen to get a current account but with the added peace of mind the Current Account Switch brings.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey! @TomW

No news on this front I’m afraid :frowning:️ Once we have some confirmed dates, I’ll be sure to share with you. Completely understand the value of that extra piece of mind with a current account switching service!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.