Open Banking API - transactions expiring

I am using the open banking API for a personal android application for a university project using Java in Android studio. Quite often I have to write a bit of code and test it and I am running into the issue that once an access token has been issued, you can only access the transactions for 5 minutes afterwards before they are no longer available. I have managed to store this transaction data elsewhere for usage when needed but there are times when I needed the actual live data. Is there any way to increase the time limit or get around this?

Thanks to the Open Banking regulations I believe only a small amount of latest transactions are available. Historical data is only available for a moment after you first authenticate and I believe the idea is that you have to cache it on your end.

1 Like

Yup, what @Rjevski said. You can still sync all transactions in the last 90 days after those 5 minutes, so you’ll need to cache the all within the first 5 minutes but after that, you can use the since and before request arguments to retrieve the last 90 days worth of transactions.

1 Like