Number of Monzo Users

427,027 https://twitter.com/monzo/status/911154896333938688

2 Likes

Non-forum friend just onboarded, he’s: 453081

4 Likes

Any ideas what Monzo is up to now?

Not sure In terms of pre paid. Better off looking at the live current accounts now. As in theory majority should be on that over the next few weeks.

we are all assuming optimistically that all Monzo pre paid users will want to migrate to what is essentially the same service but called a current account - which lots of people, I suspect won’t want because of their inbuilt distrust of banks

will the 450000 users of PP card turn into 50,000, 100,0000 or 600,000+ current account users ???

How do you get across to pre paid users that the CA is essentially the same service ( apart from the debit card top up at the moment :slight_smile: ) we do need the all singing all dancing improvements to garner some “excitement” all over again hope they’re coming soon

1 Like

@simonb created a thread to collect this sort of feedback @anon95680666

1 Like

Its not the same service though is it, for the people who used it as a travel card. There was a dormant figure somewhere before, 40% or something?

what is the difference between the usage of the pre paid "travel card " and the current account card by users that travel ? - I agree some “travel card” users got it for good FX rates - which are still the same - Unlimited free cash withdrawals which aren’t being offered on either card anymore after Dec - It is essentially the same service in my opinion :slight_smile:

I could potentially see the numbers dropping from 450,000 to 200,000 or so, given the drop off of the “travel card” users, dormant users and those reluctant to get a full bank account.

But I can then see the numbers being restored next year as new users join. Plus there are others I know who were interested in the full bank account but not bothered about getting the prepaid card.

1 Like

I’m not sure of the exact figure but it’s around 65-70% of our user base who are either 7 or 14 day actives, ie, there’s been activitiy on their accounts in the last 1 or 2 weeks. Which is quite high in comparison with other fintech companies (or so I’m told).

The biggest encouragement at this stage for upgrade will be the launch of new current account features.

6 Likes

hopefully coming soon :slight_smile: before all new current account users starts saying well is that it :slight_smile:

When are we getting some new features then? :eyes:

3 Likes

Soooooooon.

Like very soon.

As in… The code already got frozen for the next release :slight_smile:

19 Likes

So… next week for iOS, sometime in 2025 for Android then :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You are getting as bad as @tristan

Are you allowed to talk about these ‘soon’ features? :wink:

1 Like

I prefer to think of it as having learned from the best :wink:

Both iOS and Android will have Pots soon, not at exactly the same time as they are on different release schedules but there won’t be a massive gap either.

5 Likes

Little-known fact: There isn’t a single Monzo employee named Simon. Tom hasn’t been able to figure out who set up the simonb account here and keeps leaking details.

8 Likes

7 Likes

You know I was hoping you could neither confirm nor deny the feature.

I will certainly take pots though :sunglasses:

1 Like

Will pots be sole only from launch?