Now in Labs: Safety nets

Some of the changes I get (such as the image)

But the round ups I don’t. Unless they want you to actively be saving rather than passively saving.

3 Likes

@antkennedy hi! Are any options aside from “1 month” going to be made available? I would like to set mine to 6 months. I understand I can just keep adding money to it, but would be nice to have some more flexibility with setting the goal.

9 Likes

I agree this is needed. For the moment I’ve set the target to cover 2 months and just remember to double the day count :rofl:

1 Like

Would love the ability to use this Safety Net pot for round-ups.

1 Like

I used Chase, with their 5% Roundup pots.

Rewards are minimal :blush:

£4.61 interest last tax year, £2.72 so far this.

Monzo roundups into an interest bearing pot, with a reasonable rate, could be a good gimmick though. Just like Chase’s is.

:+1:

2 Likes

If I close my Safety Pot am I allowed to open another? Is there a period where I can’t, or is it just a “you only get one” type deal? Can’t see anything about it but wanted to double check.

As for why - I’m not using it atm due to better rates elsewhere. The account doesn’t fully hide in the current UI view so I was thinking of just closing it.

1 Like

I had one each in my joint and personal accounts and closed them for similar reasons. Sorry I don’t remember when. The option is there now to create a new one for me under Create Pot → Build a savings safety net.

2 Likes

@ChloeMingay is there any update on being able to add your own pot image. I’m intrigued by this feature and want to use it but my OCD is stopping me activating it due to the image not fitting with my Monzo aesthetic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t update my safety net goal- keep getting this error:

I’ve been able to update mine - Android

Interesting! I’m on iOS (latest TestFlight) and it’s still not working. @antkennedy

1 Like

Just thought I check too. Not working for me either -iOS latest TestFlight

2 Likes

Seems to be fixed for me now!

1 Like

Is this still the case? I’ve decided to finally use it and still can’t seem to change the image.

You can change the image on the interest bearing SAVINGS pot, but the safety net image is still the fixed image for the SAFETY pot.

Android

1 Like

Yeah same on iOS, weird choice but doesn’t really matter I guess.