NFC Contactless Wearables

It’s not negativity, it’s realism.

This product will not happen from Monzo.

If you didn’t want negative opinions, you shouldn’t have posted such jibberish

Judging by the comments in the topic I think you might begin to understand why now :wink: :laughing:

I don’t think you understand what narrow minded means.

I’m not the CEO, I just understand what you’re asking for is A) a bad idea B) never going to happen

There’s a big difference between considering and doing. I’m sure if Monzo read this they would consider it but then spending time and money to build it is an entirely different thing.

I’m not sure why you’re being so rude to people either. I quoted exactly what you wrote so you’re only contradicting your own statement :confused:

You’ve hardly demonstrated knowledge yourself. All you keep saying to people is that they lack vision / understanding and to Google it.

At the end of the day, you’ve pitched an idea on here for people to vote on and without votes you’re unlikely to get Monzos attention on the matter. So you’re doing yourself an injustice by being so rude and hostile. Perhaps you should start explaining things a little better and provide some sources to support your claims, then you might manage to convince people.

2 Likes

I have no problem with feedback. Or questions. I have a issue with people trying to be sarcastic or patronising. Some of you guys are too intense chill outtt. Like i said its just a idea forum and it probably wont happen but some people need to chilll lol. Anyway have a nice day all.

I really don’t understand the use case of it in the days of Apple/GooglePay.

I can carry around £30 on a fob on my keys, can I get that money back? I top up a fob and then what if I don’t use it? Why would I have an unsecure fob with me but not my secure mobile phone?

There’s also the added cost/risk of theft/fraud etc.

You’ve just got angry at everyone and haven’t actually said why it’s a good idea, other than it meaning you can go outside without a phone, card, cash or wallet.

2 Likes

As an aside, can someone correct the typo in the title? It’s infuriating.

Edit: Thank you <3

4 Likes

They should have googled it

2 Likes

So the majority take a wallet/purse and pay by card, cash, phone.

The times where you might not want to take a wallet you’ll take just a card / some cash / or use your phone.

For those that don’t carry wallets they will use their phone.

For majority of older people they will pay cash/card and a smaller techier percentage by phone.

So who wants to use a key fob?

And why not just get a NFC implant, no need to carry anything and you can slap the card reader or headbutt the terminal if you get it in your forehead.

Not trying to be a downer on the idea but just being realistic about it. Making something for five people out of five million is going to be costly.

1 Like

Maybe the OP should consider one of these

https://nfcring.com/

Or even easier enable the passcode/biometric authentication on their phone and use google/Apple Pay

I can do this. What is the typo. What should it be corrected to?

1 Like

It’s been done, don’t worry.

1 Like

The implant really isnt a bad idea… maybe not the forehead though im thinking more index finger. Not bad shout. You should start a new topic. You got my vote

Give me strength…… :flushed:

3 Likes

Only if it also has a status LED at the tip of your finger

6 Likes

That’s more exoskeleton than implant. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Having used bPay/Pingit I too would like to see a Monzo equivalent (it’s just a shrunken down contactless card so not rocket science).

I had the bpay band which was a rubber wrist strap similar in appearance to a fitness tracker.
It required no power and was fully waterproof, not something you can say about Apple pay/Google pay.

I used it predominantly for nights out where I could just tap my wrist on the card reader to pay for my drinks.

In answer to some of the dismissive comments:-

Q:What happens if you lose it?
A: If the band was found (and the finder managed to work out what the hell it was and used it) you’d be no worse off than if they’d found your contactless debit card also presumably the device could be frozen through the Monzo app. Being able to “tie” the device to a pot could offer additional spending control.

Q: Why not just use cash?
A: Remind me again what cash is.

Q: Just use Apple pay / Google pay.
A: I do use Google pay but it’s not as convenient and if your phone battery is dead then you’re screwed.

To say there’s no demand isn’t true. I’ve just opened an account with a payments processing company called Much Better who offer a similar wrist band which means my Monzo card is less likely to be used.

1 Like

How do they handle SCA regulations?

1 Like