New feature coming 👀

No, but I am just making an assumption they might’ve decided to wait as he did say his team will continue with the launch in his absence

From 7th June:

It’s possible we’re being overly harsh on the team. I’m sure they’re working hard on this, we don’t know what challenges they are up against. I can only imagine it’s disheartening for them to read critical comments when much of the current situation is outside of their control. I hope they’re all doing well.

It reminds me of Valve around the time of half life 2. They wanted to be communicative with their fans, but they received such rabid criticism for delays that they gave up communicating at all, which only angered fans more. It ended up being the worst of both worlds. I think a company is better off either communicating and doing it properly and consistently, or keeping things totally under wraps until they’re ready for release.

3 Likes

I’m back on Monday! I hear the team have worked miracles in my absence (maybe I should go away more often? :D)

To be fair I don’t think there have been any critical comments in this thread and we are all grateful for everyone’s patience.

It’s vital to keep a positive & fair tone on the forums, nobody (staff or community members) wants to come on and post an update if they feel that they are going to be met with a barrage of unfair criticism, or asked to make promises when there’s a great degree of uncertainty. It should be a safe space.

57 Likes

Can we pester you for updates from Monday then? :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Just about sums up this forum, sometimes.

6 Likes

I’ve got a hunch that a lot of people in this thread will have got their hopes up over what could well turn out to be quite a minor new feature.

I’m very torn between hoping that’s the case, purely for the sight of all the pants-pissing - and hoping i’m wrong.

6 Likes

We’re definitely into over promise and under deliver territory.

Which I fear will make Monzo even more reluctant to share these things. Kieran didn’t even post it on here originally, he just wanted to share his excitement at it being completed.

4 Likes

Nothing has been promised to my knowledge (although there has been much hinting), so anyone who “expects” anything will be doing so based on supposition and wishes.

Those who start having a mardy strop should expect short shrift, in my opinion.

5 Likes

That’s the thing - no one has promised anything!

5 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t phrase that very well.

I know nothing has been promised, but the way people are acting is if Plus, Pot to Pot and Dark Mode are coming when Kieran presses the go button.

4 Likes

But expectations have been raised.

1 Like

My expectations have not been raised.

2 Likes

Just for clarity, I was joking.

1 Like

+1 For the raised expectations club :raised_hand:

6 Likes

Also I can’t believe this thread started in May… I could have swore this was a pre-lockdown / February time thread.

I have lost all concept of time right now.

7 Likes

My expectations are only high for Plus currently, Kierans teams project is just a nice added bonus for me, especially as we know absolutely zero about it other than assumptions.

Too have high expectations over this new “feature” seems a bit silly to me personally, We literally know nothing other than the fact his team has made something cool and that his team is the open banking team, other than that we know nothing. Just peoples hopes and dreams

I have zero expectations, so I am comfortable to just wait and see :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Assumptions and android tear-downs!

Yh agreed but the Tear Downs just lead to more assumptions