New Card, old PIN?

I’m not saying you should be basing your security on that approach but should such a breach happen there’s very little risk for you as a particular individual.

Sorry. Completely and utterly disagree. Once someone has access to a system, it traditionally has been very hard to stop them walking out with a copy of customer data.

Then we end up with the whole haveibeenpwned, in the case of Monzo probably phishing etc. etc.

I work in infosec. We don’t work on the methodology that “one customers data ain’t gonna matter…” - all data must be protected and human elements are often the weakest link in the chain.

2 Likes

Sorry, I think this is a misunderstanding - I was assuming a low-skill “attacker” having an accidental glance at the laptop like a friend or family member. Sure, if we’re talking about a dedicated attacker that will use the opportunity to plant malware on the machine to exfiltrate all records then all bets are off.

1 Like

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! My first ever post! :mage:

4 Likes

No problem! We’re (mostly :stuck_out_tongue: ) a friendly bunch :smiley:

3 Likes

We find that doughnutting works fairly well during the first training weeks. :wink:

Not sure how much we can discuss about actual security but one of the best ways to get people to lock their computers is to make it easy for them to unlock it again. This is where Touch ID really took off for Apple as it allows you to have a strong password while reducing the annoyance of having to type it constantly all night when you just locked your computer for 1 minute.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is moving into phones as well - more and more people have having pass-codes AND fingerprint locks, instead of just no lock as it is trivial to unlock. This is partly why I think the current level of security in the app is good…

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.