New app awful?

What don’t you like about it?

Tap on the progress bar under your balance or tap the pie chart

Both bring you to summary

The old app was easier to navigate. Simple plan. And basic. This looks like it’s a beta app which undoes the simplicity of the old app. The home page looks like it’s accidentally hiding whatever is behind it. Let’s go back

12 Likes

Right now I prefer the last style however I’m sure I’ll get used to it

4 Likes

I also didn’t like it at the beginning but having tested the new layout for a few months now and then seeing my mates phone I can really see the improvements.

1 Like

It took me a week or 2 to get used to it, now I prefer it. Use it for a while and see what you think then?

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know pressing the progress bar did that. I did see the pie chart icon.

My main problem with it is I don’t think it is as intuitive as it was. Swiping left and right was intuitive - tapping icons in the top corners to take you to different pages isn’t in my view :frowning:

1 Like

I think the profile and settings menus are going to get a bit more attention, I’m still looking all over the place for things like limits

Try a down swipe on the main page. That counters one of the issues.

Bruno has discussed at length a tighter integration of summary with the rest of the app.

Its been around for ages and has had a lot of positive feedback in testing. In future, get involved in the testing so you can voice your concerns

5 Likes

Haven’t tried it yet, but if it allows easy access to the important stuff like balance and statement, then the rest don’t really matter.

You have to change to make things better, but nobody likes change.

A lot of concerns that are now being raised were raised during the beta.

Good point. But I wonder if the ones testing were they ‘yes’ people perhaps?

Hey, welcome to the community.

I’ve found that people on here are very open when they don’t like things in the feedback threads.

There’s currently a discussion about the new layout here , and the team read through and often respond.

But have a look around there’s currently feedback threads open for the new salary sorter and monzo plus if you want to make suggestions, the development team read through these.

Hiya!

Nice work making your first post one that seems to claim that those of us voluntarily using the new navigation every day since April and helping to get it ready for a wider audience through use and feedback are yes people and not just interested in helping it develop

Thanks for that

5 Likes

I’m a ‘no’ person. I wasn’t involved in the testing in any way, but I do like the new layout, and I’m grateful to those who did the testing and who provided feedback to Monzo.

4 Likes

I have been using the new layout for a while via Monzo labs, I have to say it took me a couple of days to get used to it and find what I wanted but I have grown to love it. A great platform on which to build the UX over the coming months.:raised_hands:

4 Likes

new bad old good

1 Like

I very much disagree with this point.

I’d argue that the new layout utilises many more modern design and UX principles and feels like an app that belongs in 2019.

As opposed to the old one, which was functional and looked alright, did what it needed to. But it just didn’t feel like a very modern app.

Carry on the chat in the official thread: The Monzo app is changing: we've had a makeover!