NatWest Housemate App

Anyone seen this? Not sure how new this is (even though not launched yet):

4 Likes

Looks interesting, not heard about it before seeing your post

1 Like

Neither had I.

I only came across it while complaining about how NatWest show transfers (no names, only references) so I couldn’t see which of my housemates had transferred me money and they said “but we will have this app soon”.

3 Likes

Well that rules out NatWest as a potential bricks & mortar / second bank for me. Seems a weird ommision.

On the Housemates app - it’s not clear to me if connecting to a bank via open banking is a necessity to use the app or if it’s an optional part of it. If the former I think they might struggle to get groups to use it.

1 Like

It surprised me. Apparently it will eventually appear :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Wait, so NW take a couple of days to add the payee name to your feed? Can you check if this is indeed the case with previous payments?

So looking at the first payment, which I got yesterday around 17:00 which initially was just the reference and not the name, it now has changed to the name of the person with the reference in the details.

I got another payment at about 19:13 and that still shows up as the reference and not the name.

3 Likes

Received the invite to sign up to the beta today

Is this something new? I recently opened an RBS account and didn’t notice.

Edit: That’s very annoying. Why wouldn’t I be able to see who my transfers came from? I just initiated one from Revolut and it simply displays ‘Revolut’.

So it appears a few days later as the name of the person with the reference in the details. It’s just annoying that initially you cannot see who has transferred you money in.

2 Likes

What’s it look like?

Unfortunately doesn’t link upto starling bank yet

5 Likes

Hopefully NatWest will be uploading a new build soon as current one expires in 7 days

1 Like

Which banks does it support?

NatWest obviously, but is support for other banks good or not?

Here is the list of supported banks so far

2 Likes

That pretty good support, all main banks, plus all main fintechs (with the exception of Starling).

Even all the main banks in Northern Ireland!

2 Likes

Just hope they renew the TestFlight as it expires in a week and it’s been really useful for me and my partner

1 Like

First trust bank? They’ve been aib for ages

2 Likes

Has AIB on there as well

I know, it should read Allied Irish Bank (NI) really.

3 Likes