I’ve been waiting for an answer to this too.
@cookywook if you have any sort of tracking on people tapping “Not right now” on the Monzo Plus screen, it’s probably not working cos tapping that does nothing on iOS right now.
This has just appeared on my Monzo. Looks cool !

First … I agree with you.
However, there may be some ‘offsetting’ going on here using the Plus (£3/£6), whereby the more add ons you take the more you save?
Thanks for the additional info.
Just looking at one point, travel insurance… I’d imagine the vast majority of Monzo users could get travel insurance for less than £4 a month already. I certainly could. Quite why they’d want to pay a fee to then be able to pay more than the going rate is lost on me.
Hmm. If you wouldn’t benefit at £6 (£72 pa), how would you benefit at £3 (£36 pa)?
The clarification has confirmed that this is beyond dire.
I cannot believe that there is a monthly charge to access these extras. This should not have seen the light of day and should absolutely be scrapped.
You clearly have a fan base. That’s great. However, you should be looking to attract the average joe, not someone who is willing to waft their ‘plus’ card about for £3/6 a month. Frankly, the average joe doesn’t care.
If customers want to change their card colour/material, just charge them a fee. They’ll do it in a heartbeat.
But asking people for £72 a year for a card colour, a link and cash withdrawals abroad is laughable.
Charging £120 a year for this and travel insurance is so far off the mark it’s cringeworthy to read.
Let’s hope none of your competitors are watching this flop…
Paying 3£/month for a card or £36 a year for the flashy card is not great. Where as Barclays bank allow you to upload your favourite picture on the card for free
I am looking for the following add ons to become a full monzo
- Mobile Insurance Cover like the Natwest Platinum account
- 2% or 3% Cashback on Direct debits/Utility Bills like the Natwest Platinum account
- Break down Cover like the Natwest Platinum account
- Home Emergency Cover
- Taste Card like the Natwest Platinum account
- Discount for Travel flights and holidays deals like the Natwest Platinum account
- Plus account for Joint account holders
Well while I agree that £10 per month for travel insurance is high, I’m actually pleasantly surprised at the additional costs (I did assume they would be more on the £9/10 mark).
I still, really really really don’t get the idea of a base monthly cost plus additions. Just made the additions available to all and if you must do, increase those costs marginally.
£3/m for £400/m travel fee-free and emergency cash?!
Let’s be generous and ignore the £3/£6 per month base rate.
So that offsets the £200-over-£200 3% fee = £6
So paying £3 to save £3
So to make it worthwhile I’d have to use it at 50% capacity - so going on holiday every two months to a destination that’s card-unfriendly (outside Europe + US)?
I mean, if I was going on that many far-flung holidays, I’d probably be sufficiently loaded that £3/m would be irrelevant.
Oh, almost forgot I’d need to lose my card a whole bunch to make use of emergency cash.
I thought features like this were supposed to seem cheap and “level out” over heavy and light users so they make a little bit of money for Monzo! Not be basically impossible to make full use of for practically everyone
Just got Monzo Plus in-app and yes there’s 5% on the emergency cash.
And it’s 12 months minimum term even if you don’t select any extras.
And it seems from the wording and terms that for 12 months the £3 will remain £3 and not increase to the full £6 but it’s not totally clear?
But £36 for a (let’s be generous) £5 card is too much for the “fanboy package”. The tshirt and stickers from the A/B test seems to have vanished, that might have made it worthwhile. Also not clear if I cancel after 12 months what will happen to my card - keep it until expiry or have to keep paying? Or does it have a premature 12 month expiry date?
It’s £3 per month for 12 months - It won’t increase in that time (confirmed earlier).
Question I’ve just thought of but not seen answered I don’t think.
If one gets a plus card, will my card number change or will it be the same as my current card number?
It’ll be a new card, so it will change.
Questions…
Ok, I don’t want a new card… or a new Monzo.me link…
However, i’d be interested in the other items… can I buy say Travel Insurance without buying Monzo Plus Core?
Buying the “core” gives you access to purchase the bolt ons (aka the marketplace), so I would say no ![]()
No and this is a major issue for me.
Well… for that reason… I’m out…
I was holding out for this before going for the Nationwide Flex account for £13/month however I’d get much more at the moment from them so I will go with them until Monzo offers a little more…
This is in no way a dig at the Monzo team… keep going and maybe I will come to you 
The travel insurance will likely be provided by a third party. So you may find that you can buy the same cover for cheaper without paying £72 pa for the privilege of doing it through Monzo. We’ll just have to wait and see how it develops.
Where do I sign up for monzo plus?