Monzo Plus - Bi-Weekly Update 28th November 2019

yes product vs feature is the best way to think about this IMO.

Monzo Basic B*tch Current Account
Monzo Average Current Account
Monzo Top 5% Current Account

4 Likes

Basic bitch account. Haha

3 Likes

The names in the strings are definitely placeholders.

There’s a lot of cynicism flying around (and that’s totally fine) but we wouldn’t spring an exercise like this on you unless we actually meant it :slight_smile:

Of course, this is dependent on there being some good, usable suggestions :slight_smile:

9 Likes

There aren’t many comments in this thread that I disagree with, but please let’s not get so negative :pray:t3:.

I agree that there needs to be a little more information in order to suggest meaningful names and also that more information (not necessarily now, but in due course) regarding the paywalling ethos.

1 Like

Monzo cynicism current account

:thinking:

5 Likes

What is paywalling?

But you don’t mean it. If you did we would have some idea what the products might be. It is clearly a distraction technique. We aren’t stupid people. In fact I dare say many of us have profitable businesses (which you don’t) or are established project managers.

Where something is not totally available unless you pay (subscribe) - hence; unless you ‘pay’, it’s behind a ‘wall’. A lot of newspaper/magazines work with this format of subscription to keep them going commercially.

1 Like

I don’t believe the idea of the naming strategy is that it’s supposed to necessarily relate to the features of the account. Perhaps that wasn’t clear in the original message?

Whoa. Let’s not get to that level. I’m sure this is best intentions stuff, just mis-directed.

2 Likes

The problem, it has been misdirected since v1, wasting tens of thousands (if not hundreds) of investors money. Tough love is needed sometimes! :+1:

3 Likes

Tough love is one thing, your comment reads fairly aggressively is all.

I’m muting this thread now though, nothing constructive here.

4 Likes

Don’t flatter yourself. I don’t think the plus team are so scared of your opinion that they are sat around dreaming up distraction techniques…

They are just trying to launch a complex product in a complex market in an innovative way.

Me neither, not sure of your point.

Monzo Muted :shushing_face:

2 Likes

On a serious note, how about naming the accounts for the type of user?

Monzo Inclusive Current Account
Monzo Power Current Account
Monzo ? Current Account

(Not really sure what the third account is for…)

EDIT: Makes Monzo Business Current Account also fit in.

Nice one

Hmm…

Monzo Basic Current Account
Monzo Value Current Account
Monzo Mug Current Account

1 Like

I’m here for this. +1.