Monzo Labs: Ordering Accounts and Pots

:eyes:

:thinking::no_good_man::joy:

1 Like

It would be nice to view the amount in a hidden pot on the edit screen

2 Likes

Agree with this also :clap:

1 Like

I mean technically it already had been before your comment, but In all seriousness what other way could you solve the issue? Judging by @robinb poll it’s a pretty even split either way so surely a way of letting a user choose is the best way forward?

Great to see this in labs. Is it just me or is the edit button way too prominent?

1 Like

At the moment it’s 52% to 48% in favour of showing it. Surely that’s a massive majority and those opposing the view should be vilified in the press for daring to hold their own opinions?

10 Likes

Wrong way round there chief, 52% for hiding it

cough cough Brexit

2 Likes

can of worms …

2 Likes

If I were going to make it switchable, I’d do it as an attribute of the pot itself rather than a top-level thing that applies to all the hidden totals.

Personally, I can’t see a circumstance for hiding pots in my usage so this is all a bit theoretical for me but that’s not the point.

2 Likes

I agree with that, that could work.

I think my personal preference would be in the edit screen so it’s in one one place. Either way as long as it’s achievable I’m easy :slight_smile:

Bit like exclude from summary, an exclude from total button

2 Likes

So glad this feature is finally on iOS!

I am of the opinion regarding showing the total amounts that it is good to give the user choice. As long as it can be implemented in a simplified way to not confuse people.

Somebody laughed at the idea of a toggle, I don’t see why this would be a bad idea at all? I’d like to hide my total balance of the hidden pots, but every now and then as I save up, to see how much I have in total to be able to switch a toggle would be an easy option.

Monzo please give users a choice!

It has become a common thing that people say, for example:

“Well, if not many people want it they could just make it a toggle for those who do”.

It’s therefore starting to be joked about as we’re going to be drowning with toggles if everyone gets their way :laughing:

3 Likes

I think a toggle for appear in balance would be very useful but so would a almost IFTT function i.e “Hide / Show if pot total is Less / Greater than X”

2 Likes

I get that we don’t want toggles everywhere. Just on this, when editing and sorting the pots a toggle could appear for this option. Just to give people the choice.

How about if you tap the total balance, it would switch from total balance including pots value to total balance excluding hidden pots value?

7 Likes

So is today going to be the day? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I am sure its usually a Tuesday around 12 (noon)?

You never know it could come early :monzo:

1 Like

I was just going off this. But you might be right as the last update was the 14th

This is perfect and just what I have been waiting for for ages, the ability to change the order of pots.

I also have some pots that I would prefer not to see the balance of, as otherwise encourages me to withdraw it and spend it, so the ability to hide certain pots from view is also absolutely perfect!

Many thanks for this and I hope the changes are as great as they sound!! :slight_smile: