Monzo Labs: Export your data šŸ“

Not seen it yet, but for me, I specifically want easy access to download a CSV for all accounts/pots.

3 Likes

Great start - loving this.

Pitching for the stars here, but Iā€™d like to see this evolve into a machine readable open standard used by all banks - so when you switch you can also move your data / transaction history etc, all in one go.

(FCA, Iā€™m looking at you!)

2 Likes

The statement says total balance includes pots, but it doesnā€™t :thinking_face: Got a bit worried then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m also getting the email, but just hanging also, see screenshot below

I had the same. But when I clicked the link in the email on my Mac, the file downloaded in the background. I ended up with half a dozen copies before I noticed. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yer me two. I donā€™t see any other reason as to why I would export data unless it was CSV

2 Likes

Interesting question I thought of while signing up to Dozens.

Does Monzo keep an image of myself or the video used when I signed up? Should that also not be enclosed within exporting my data.

Just a thought so I wanted to add it to this thread.

7 Likes

Not sure to be honest. On one hand, I think they could occasionally benefit from keeping the users selfie video and using it to verify stuff but then again they could just save the image of your id for that.

Then the other hand I would like to know that the awkward selfie video has been burnt and will never be seen by anyone ever again :joy:

Theyā€™ve said that they are working on exporting more and more data as they automate some processes so maybe you will see that. Obviously you can submit a subject access request under GDPR but sending you all your stuff manually is extremely time consuming for them so I would just wait for them to eventually automate the entire process :slight_smile:

1 Like

The primary use case for me with this data will be to do analysis of spending trends. Therefore I would like to see the categories included. This was included in my html file.

Is there a plan to include this?

The retention of the selfie video/ID upload has been discussed here:

Worth noting that this was back in November 2017, but I suspect the retention policies are largely driven by law.

1 Like

You can use IFTTT to log all transactions to a google sheet? It will automatically update the google sheet everytime you make a transaction rather than constantly downloading your entire data pack.

1 Like

Hey guys

This is a great idea but email is not a suitable medium to transfer this data over as there is no guarantee of confidentiality in transit. A download (over tls) would be better as once downloaded, the onus of confidentiality falls to the user.

Regards
Drew

Doesnā€™t the email contain a link for download, rather than a zip file itself?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the time frame between requesting and receiving your data?

I requested on Thursday as soon as this dropped into the Android beta, but havenā€™t received anything yet.

Was in my inbox within a couple of minutes when I tested it.

I did end up with a few copies of it as I kept requesting it not knowing it would show in my email and thereā€™s no confirmation that the request was successful

1 Like

If you still havenā€™t got it then ping me an email (daniel@monzo.com) and Iā€™ll investigate.

Positive

• Once enabled, and feed item clicked on, archive was delivered in less than 5 seconds
  • well presented

Possibly requires improvement

• archive as a file name is not helpful. Maybe Monzo Archive 20190113
  • no visibility of interest earnt (worrying for tax reasons)
  • easy access in a menu to functionality if not already there

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone that reported the issue with the balance not including pots ā€“ this should be fixed now.

5 Likes

This is a great feature, really helpful thank you. :clap:
I got all four downloads, bank statement, overdraft agreement, sms history & chat history.
The only other thing Iā€™d be looking for (to export) would be an annual bank statement, canā€™t think of anything else.

Just got around to testing this feature. Very slick implementation.

Feedback

• Include date and time of export in .zip file name
    (ie: ā€œMonzo Archive < date & time of data request >ā€)

• Seven days seems like a long time to keep the download link valid. I think a one-time link would be better, since itā€™s really easy to request another.

Additional data to export

• Tax residency.

• Address.

• Phone number.

• Email address.

• Profile picture.

• Picture of ID document used to open account.

• Selfie video used to open account.

• Interest earned by third parties.

• Time and date of account logins + information on what devices/OSs were used to login.

• List of 3rd party companies youā€™ve agreed to share your data with (eg: Flux, ID verification companies) + when you agreed/revoked access + what information you agreed to share with them.

2 Likes