Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

Hey everyone, sorry for the long gap in posts!

As you’ve all suspected, we’ve been waiting for the dust to settle on Open Banking and gently nudging TrueLayer about Amex, and I’m here to provide an update on all of that:

Amex
The headline here is that Amex still isn’t ready. Obviously this is hugely frustrating for us - it’s our most demanded provider both internally as well as externally and we’d love to support it. I’ll keep you updated but until they release an API and prove that it’s usable there’s very little we can do.

Barclaycard
We’ve heard that Barclaycard connections are getting more stable. That being said, this recent week saw problems specifically in the credit card API so we’re erring on the side of caution and keeping them under wraps for a while.

MBNA
We’ve been testing them internally and are seeing positive results. Keep your eyes peeled!

Halifax
TrueLayer tells us that Halifax have been working on their reliability a lot and should be more stable as of last week. Do let us know if that’s not the case for you!

Bad news aside, I’m happy to share that Nationwide and First Direct are now available for connection!

Give them a go and, as always, any feedback here is greatly appreciated. Thanks for holding out for this feature with us, we’re really excited to keep at it and make it fantastic!

18 Likes