Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

Does anybody have connected Halifax cards that are updating? Just wondering if it’s a widespread issue or not.

Mine haven’t updated for over a month now unless I disconnect and re-add them which gives me a one off balance refresh.

probably doesn’t help you, but I have my Halifax card connected twice ! once using the old method and the second using new open banking APIs … and they are both updating okay!

1 Like

is there any update on MBNA?

Yeah I’d like to know regarding MBNA and Amex

4 Likes

As has been posted before, it’s up to truelayer. They have promised Amex this quarter, so hopefully it won’t be too long.

You can see the currently in progress list here https://truelayer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004577454-What-banks-cards-are-you-integrating-next

They also have a list of supported banks. Make sure to ignore the credential sharing list though as that is being removed.

Once they support it monzo will start the process of adding it. I’m sure it won’t be instant. If true layer are true to their word though we may see it by January.

Why is Barclaycard now no longer an option? :(:pensive:

1 Like

Hi Sophie & welcome :wave:

The Barclaycard connection vanished around 13-Sep and hopefully will return :soon:
Here’s why it vanished; https://truelayer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002158797
And here is where it currently sits; https://truelayer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004577454-What-banks-cards-are-you-integrating-next

I’m still waiting for the MBNA connection to go live. Truelayer supports it but it hasn’t been integrated into the Monzo app yet.

2 Likes

Any news on the amex integration?

Open the second link above. Tells you TL are hoping to add Amex

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - November

Hey everyone, sorry for the long gap in posts!

As you’ve all suspected, we’ve been waiting for the dust to settle on Open Banking and gently nudging TrueLayer about Amex, and I’m here to provide an update on all of that:

Amex
The headline here is that Amex still isn’t ready. Obviously this is hugely frustrating for us - it’s our most demanded provider both internally as well as externally and we’d love to support it. I’ll keep you updated but until they release an API and prove that it’s usable there’s very little we can do.

Barclaycard
We’ve heard that Barclaycard connections are getting more stable. That being said, this recent week saw problems specifically in the credit card API so we’re erring on the side of caution and keeping them under wraps for a while.

MBNA
We’ve been testing them internally and are seeing positive results. Keep your eyes peeled!

Halifax
TrueLayer tells us that Halifax have been working on their reliability a lot and should be more stable as of last week. Do let us know if that’s not the case for you!

Bad news aside, I’m happy to share that Nationwide and First Direct are now available for connection!

Give them a go and, as always, any feedback here is greatly appreciated. Thanks for holding out for this feature with us, we’re really excited to keep at it and make it fantastic!

18 Likes

Santander seems to have appeared since I last looked too. And it seems to work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about Tandem when they come?

2 Likes

That’s down to TrueLayer to decide in the first instance, as are all the others.

Thanks for the heads up about Santander, I stopped checking but have been awaiting that one

1 Like

My Nationwide credit card is connected and shows a balance but I can’t see any transactions- is that correct?

Yes. Balance is all that’s on offer at the moment.

Ah shame! Especially as Emma allows the transaction detail and I was hoping to delete it!

1 Like

As with so many things, that functionality is hopefully in the future somewhere.

2 Likes

Hey Michael :slightly_smiling_face: I’m having issues with my connected Halifax credit card. It’s been well over a month since it has updated itself. I’ve tried the usual disconnect then reconnect card (which gives it a 1 time balance refresh), and also deleting and reinstalling Monzo, but nothing has fixed it.

Any suggestions?

Monzo 3.8 (App Store not TestFlight)
:apple: iOS 13.2.2
iPhone X