Monzo Labs: Bills Pots šŸÆ

:soon:

14 Likes

Thanks, another happy customer, the DD worked for me. Iā€™m looking forward to being able to add standing orders. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting the same as well

Not really the thread for it, but having set up Bill Pot for all my direct debits - it really annoys me when companies like Spotify, Netflix and co only offer card payments with the rolling subscription.

Best Iā€™ve settled for is moving to PayPal with a DD but then it means I have to have all PayPal direct debits in the same pot.

I really dislike ā€œContinuous Payment Authorityā€ type paymentsā€¦

Anywayā€¦ Hereā€™s to my next direct debit coming out :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You could use IFTTT to automate card transactions coming out of pots?

Apologies if this has already been noted or mentioned as I think these topics (especially the popular ones) become difficult to keep tabs on/monitor quickly.

It would be really good to assign a pot to pay the Monzo plus fee and also subscriptions/recurring payments (e.g. Spotify) as well in the future!

Loving this so far though game changer in my opinionšŸ‘

Ross

They are looking at that, though it is not anywhere near testing yet (as far as we have been clued in!)

2 Likes

I was confused after enabling the feature that there is no mention of ā€œBillsā€ when creating a pot. So it seems whatā€™s been added is the ability to set Direct Debit payments to be taken from Regular pots?

2 Likes

Hi & welcome :wave:

Yes, thatā€™s correct - you can pay any D/D from any pot. You can have a single ā€˜billsā€™ pot from which all D/Dā€™s are paid or you can have multiple pots which pay different D/Dā€™s, depending on your financial management preferences.

2 Likes

Correct :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™d highly recommend looking into IFTTT to automate these for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a direct debit that is due to be paid from a pot (which has an adequate balance), but I am still getting a warning message that my main account will go overdrawn. Is this behaviour others are experiencing?

1 Like

Hi & welcome :wave:

Yes, this is how the app currently behaves. It still looks at your main balance (ignoring the available funds in the pot) and so if your main balance is lower than the D/D due to be paid (even though you have funds to pay it in the pot), youā€™ll get the notification that youā€™re going brokeā€¦

Iā€™m sure thisā€™ll be addressed in the near future.

Yes basically

I think itā€™s a great idea and looking forward to seeing it in action!

Got a Direct Debit coming out on Monday and got this today:

a) This is coming out of my Locked Bills Pot that has plenty of money in it, so I shouldnā€™t really get the notification

b) Why does the alert still say tomorrow when itā€™s going to be Monday.

4 Likes

@SimonAmor Today? :eyes: :soon:

God those notifications make me twitch. Theyā€™re a good idea but so supremely dumb as every single one Iā€™ve had has been a false alarm - and I get like three a week.

3 Likes

Iā€™d take that any day over Barclays writing to me to let me know a DD collection failed!

Oh theyā€™re insane. Every time you add a Barclaycard to Apple Pay they send you the T&Cs booklet through the post.

As someone that used to do a lot of messing with iOS betas and test devices for various things, I ended up with a stack of them.

4 Likes

I noticed something yesterday regarding DDs that came from pots, in that if the DD amount changed I comparison to the last time (e.g. paying the minimum credit repayment each month which alters from month to month) it interferes with the summary, as in it confuses the summary into thinking you donā€™t have the money even if you pre-empt the amount needed which is already in the pot itā€™s due out from.

The other thing that throws the summary out is if the DD amount isnā€™t yet known (e.g. a new DD), again, even if you already have the amount needed in your pot ready for it.

Both DDs scheduled yesterday for today wiped my ā€œavailableā€ balance in my summary to nearly nothing (despite having it available in my pot the DDs were due out from) and now that theyā€™ve been taken today the summary has rectified itself because of withdrawing the money from the pot it was scheduled from.

If this can be sorted (only because I panicked yesterday when I saw a much lower amount available on my summary :sweat_smile:) then it would be tons better! Nevertheless, itā€™s still a fantastic feature and look forward to standing orders and subscriptions being added in the future :grin: