Monzo is launching in the USA!

Surely we’re on this forum to have an interesting conversation about an interesting company, not to try and push our own personal agendas for what we want to see in an application for our phones? If you’re here purely for the latter you’re likely to be disappointed as (I’ll let you into a little secret here) Monzo don’t actually particularly listen to 99.9% of their community.

1 Like

is it an either or choice ? , I would like to think - probably naively that some Monzo staff do read the feedback

1 Like

Whilst you might find the future plans and US expansion of Monzo “interesting”, I think it’s a fair assessment to say that many people won’t, and don’t. What’s interesting to you, is not interesting to someone else - That shouldn’t stop them participating in a community forum.

Monzo disagree with you :wink:

For what it’s worth, I think both conversations absolutely have their place on the forum.

I just wouldn’t try and shut down the other type of conversation that doesn’t interest me…

2 Likes

Having what is being referred to as “half-baked” features is pretty much what happens in software development. It’s near enough impossible to deliver a feature that ticks all of the boxes as every person wants something to work differently. Sometimes the user doesn’t even know they wanted something until they started getting used to the software in the first place. It’s all about feedback loops (like on here) and incremental change over time. I agree that changes have slowed down in certain areas although it seems now that it’s likely due to this focus on a USA launch.

Knowing how saturated this industry is with competitors it is obvious that Monzo need to keep up or be ahead of the game so I welcome a launch within the USA and hope it all goes smoothly. We all obviously want Monzo to continue being successful!

At the end of the day Monzo has finite resources and so other priorities are taking over being able to polish off other existing features they have

4 Likes

I definitely agree that at some point arguably every feature becomes “half-baked”.

The problem is when Monzo say something is coming or something is going to be developed or iterated on and it isn’t - or feedback is provided someone from Monzo replies and nothing happens, this becomes a bit of a problem from a customer point of view.

Whilst I don’t think everything needs to be baked fully prior to the US launch there are things that I definitely think should have been rounded off - iOS vs Android parity is probably the biggest one.

I welcome the US launch and think Monzo will make a great success of it - I am however worried about what this means for overall development of the “current” offering as I suspect the continued development of new features and products will take even more priority over servicing some older features.

7 Likes

This. :point_up::point_up::point_up:

7 Likes

But it’s coming :soon: :pleading_face:

:wink: :laughing:

7 Likes

Anyone know if Monzo UK will be a separate entity from Monzo US? Ie. If I travel to the US will it still consider me as “at home” and so waive the £200 overseas ATM withdrawal limit?

:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: Pretty Please :soon:

1 Like

No as you’re not withdrawing GBP when in the US

8 Likes

love these sort of insights into Monzo - hopefully 1000 ambassadors for Monzo - we have our sleepers in place ready to start the revolution :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow a very impressive spread across the country - nearly one person per state at least

None for Alaska or Hawaii?

Also a little big brother like at the same time

2 Likes

more than one person per state :slight_smile: with family and friends , and friends of friends - same tactics as the Uk launch , fantastic effort from all at Monzo, wish you luck.

That bloke in Boise Idaho is gonna need a lot of family :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I see my own pin down in Texas!

11 Likes

welcome to Monzo Bendik

2 Likes

Not quite. The original statement was surely accounting for the fact that there is are at least one two pictured states (Montana and West Virginia) with no signups. Possibly two more on top of that (Alaska and Hawaii, status unknown as not pictured).

1 Like

true - my mistake :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder how an equivalent UK one looks.

4 Likes

Yes I would be a big fan of seeing that! Though likely to be very london heavy

Yep I think the scale would need to be smaller (is that the right way round?) to show a better spread.