Like last year, we’re back with a roundup of what’s gone on over the last 12 months plus a
peek at what’s to come.
2022 in numbers
● We grew to 7m customers, averaging 150k personal account sign-ups every month.
● 350k+ customers subscribed to either Monzo Plus or Monzo Premium and 200k
business owners now bank with Monzo.
● Revenues increased ~2.5x exceeding £440m in annualised revenue in December.
● We’ve been cash flow positive since October (which, simply put, means we’re
earning more cash than we’re paying out), and expect to break even this year.
● We grew to a team of 2,450 people, up 10% since January 2022.
● Customers voted us #1 Best British Bank, Best Banking App, and Best Business
Banking Provider at the 2022 British Bank Awards.
● We were named #1 bank for overall service quality and online and mobile banking
services in Great Britain (CMA) for a 5th time.
● We were voted the #1 startup where people in the UK want to work for the second
year, according to LinkedIn.
You can now have 3 business accounts, inbound euro transfers are coming for business, so hopefully IBANs for everyone too, and businesses taking payments from their phone is also being worked on.
(Site seems to render incorrectly sometimes, try zoom in to the blank sections or download the pdf first)
Is it? I think TS has said in interviews that it’s not something in the next couple of years, it’s also a really rubbish time to IPO, when you’ve got huge firms like Stripe holding off, as it’s not worth it at the moment
2025 should be a good year for IPOs. 2023 is stabilization of markets and rebound for tech valuations in H2, 2024 is market increase, especially tech. And I believe that we should see IPOs in H2 2024 and 2025