Monzo in the media

Sure, it’s not feature-complete, but saying “it’s still not working properly” doesn’t really fit the bill here - they’ve satisfied the bulk of the demands of being able to have multiple accounts under one payee. Besides, they’ve said that this functionality will still be added (during another iteration). In the announcement post, they specifically said this is what they have now and it’s not completed yet.

It’s why it’s called an iteration.
Besides, I don’t think you can ever meet everyone’s needs, no matter what you implement.

That’s fair enough.

The “move on” strategy is quite common nowadays.
I’d rather get access to things when they “ready” (as in most basic form acceptable to users), rather than having to wait. It also allows them to get feedback early on, rather than launching something with a “Big Bang” and it potentially not meeting user needs.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The bank will open a waitlist, initially accepting only the first 100 applicants into beta testing.

Get in quick!

They do love to highlight the “loss making” aspect in pretty much every headline.

8 Likes

new age cards like Monzo

This was on the news today and I wondered why Monzo wasn’t mentioned? :thinking:

1 Like

Seems like nobody at Monzo was asked:

“The rankings are drawn from the views of 16,000 people (1,000 from each bank), who were asked how likely they would be to recommend their account provider to friends and family.”

1 Like

It was the most popular current account providers

Most popular in the sense of most people of having accounts with them?

I note that advertisers often (deliberately) confuse most popular and most bought

Anyhow, don’t Monzo now have more accounts than First Direct?

Let us see again next year!

1 Like

Yeah most popular in the sense of most people have an account with them. Yeah but I assume who ever made the original survey probably had an agenda

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. Metro seemed their chosen outsider

I found the original survey :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Familiar headline

4 Likes

Hold up! Card that meows when you use it. Worth it :cat:

2 Likes

Spotted a hot coral card tonight on First Dates Celebrity Special! :eyes:

3 Likes

Sadly it’s just the app notification, not the card itself… any bank could implement this cough, cough

2 Likes

Yeah I can implement it in about 15 seconds too by overriding the Monzo notification sound on my phone! But then I might be forced to spend millions on an ad campaign about it!

I want Monzo to add custom options. I’d quite like Satine (Nicole Kidman) in Moulin Rouge going “Naughty! Naughty!” when I buy something I’m not supposed to.

3 Likes

Little puff piece on Monzo and Slack:

3 Likes

Hmm, why talk about what happened nearly a year ago to the prepaid card when there’s so much going on now I wonder?