Monzo in the media

Erm you’re late to the party, did your :eyes: not function today :sweat_smile:

One mention of Monzo here, I suspect for the clicks as there was no real need to identify the bank who wouldn’t open an account because the customer had ended up on a fraud blacklist.

Even so, it’s a fascinating example which expresses his terrifyingly easy it is for people to be made into money mules. All it can take is going a favour for the wrong friend :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s interesting, other banks are mentioned throughout, and so I don’t see it as a huge problem.

What’s scary is that these things are advertised on Snapchat and Instagram. I’ve seen the adverts, and they offer an easy way to get £500 or so a month, with a "Monese’ account etc.

There are a lot of people who through the FOMO forces of social media will be easily duped into these things to try to buy trendy stuff, look cool etc. So I fear this is only going to get worse. :frowning:

Schools need better financial education in the run up to people leaving school etc.

3 Likes

Any ideas?

7 Likes

Dark mode

It probably isn’t but I might as well be the first to say it

5 Likes

New pulse graph.

Also probably not but wanted to be the first to say it. I’m also, just getting the latest app update so get ready for a teardown, maybe there will be a hint in there :eyes:

2 Likes

Not a scooby!

Hopefully something else, dark mode is meh.

5 Likes

Teardown done :white_check_mark:

Hang your head in shame :eyes:

1 Like

Direct debits / standing orders direct from pots.

There’s a new feature flag in 4.3.0 - “mastercard_auth_transaction_receipts” value=“false”

So if this is set to ‘true’ (next week?) - does that mean full receipts in-app? Like Flux but baked into the app via the Mastercard transactions themselves?

1 Like

Do MasterCard get sent that data though :thinking: all they’ll see is request for payment coming through. Not sure anyone’s tills are configured to send that low level data in the transaction request.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be itemised receipts either, as mentioned I don’t think they sent that data.

More likely detailed info on the transaction itself.

Things like terminal type, software version, request amount, auth amount, contactless or PIN payment etc

Would love to be wrong though!

1 Like

:eyes:

8 Likes

Uh oh… :eyes:

1 Like

No! Just you stop it

It’s not big and it’s not clever

5 Likes

I didn’t do anything!

1 Like

4 Likes