Monzo in Oman [Wiki]

This is a wiki crowdsourced by the Monzo Community to help you travel with Monzo.

Just like Wikipedia, anyone can edit it to help out others. If you have any tips or feedback for visiting [COUNTRY NAME] with Monzo, please feel free to edit this guide. You can also add a comment or question below — someone will then incorporate your comment into the main text below and then delete your comment. To create your own “Monzo in …” guide if one doesn’t already exist, just copy this template into a new post and write away!

Safe travels! :wave: :airplane:

Currency

Oman uses Omani rials (OMR).

OMR 1 equals around £2.

Card usage

Chip & PIN is everywhere. Contactless payments are also available almost everywhere. You can pay by card even in small local shops.

ATMs

ATMs are widespread in Oman, even in small towns. You won’t have a problem with finding one.

Bank Muscat = free

Payment and withdrawal limits

The maximum limit per single transaction is OMR 20. If your transaction is bigger than OMR 20 you
will be prompted to enter your PIN.

Crowdsourced merchant data

Miscellaneous

To edit this guide, just tap the pencil icon below. Alternatively, add a reply with your comments and someone from the community will incorporate your suggestions into the guide and then delete your comment.

You’ve left a lot of the default text in and you’ve not made it a wiki either :smiley:

I’ve made it a wiki so edit away.

1 Like

I used my card in Muscat just over a year ago, worked no problem :ok_hand:

1 Like