Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives šŸ‘Øā€šŸ’»

Iā€™ve got a rooted phone lying around I think , if i donā€™t need to be logged let me know Iā€™ll look for the feature flag file

3 Likes

@kolok - out of interest - do you also have a Joint Account?

1 Like

No

Then thatā€™s one theory down, scratches headā€¦

2 Likes

For the recordā€¦ investor card is showing for me.

1 Like

Thanks. 2 people have it, 2 people donā€™t.

Force stopped, restarted. no change.
Force stopped, cleared cache, restarted, no change.
Force stopped, cleared storage, restarted, no change.
Uninstalled Monzo app.
Restarted phone (Pixel 2XL running stock ā€˜Pā€™ at this stage)
Installed Monzo (Beta) app
Started from scratch again (custom Icon, fingerprint stuff, etc.) - forgot PA PIN, submitted drivers license and a rather frustrated looking video to recover PIN, etc., long story, but Monzo reacted immediately and got me back inā€¦
App back to how it was andā€¦ still no ā€˜INVESTORā€™ on Personal Account Monzo card graphic.

Must be server-side?

3 Likes

Iā€™m pixel 3 , stock Android 9

Just logged in on my OnePlus on Android 8 and still no investor.

I only invested in the last round , you also?

Iā€™ve kept the investor text after update. Only invested in the last round two so thatā€™s theory number 2 down the drain. I have a JA; what about those whoā€™ve lost it?

I can confirm Iā€™m also no longer an ā€˜Investorā€™ on my in app card.

No joint account, on the latest Android Beta.

Iā€™ve still got the investor text.

Latest android beta version
I have a joint account

For the ones of you who have had the Investor text removed after upgrading, do your (physical) CA cards have that text? I didnā€™t get mine replaced after becoming an investor (last round) and the text just disappeared after upgrading to the latest beta. Just wondering whether thatā€™s related. I still have the investor badge in the app though.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had mine replaced.

I also havenā€™t had my card replaced and itā€™s disappeared for me.

The card image in the app is supposed to reflect your actual card. If it was previously displaying ā€œinvestorā€ but you have a standard card, that was a bug (that evidently got fixed)

11 Likes

I chose not to get a new physical card. Time to go through the freeze-card-order-new-card-unfreeze-card dance to sort it. Bit of an unnecessary & expensive solution though.

1 Like

You could just wait until your card expiresā€¦

3 Likes

Many thanks to @kolok! :raised_hands: Wouldnā€™t have had this info without your help :sunglasses:

<boolean name="savings_issue_enabled_OakNorth_2019_03_12_ISA" value="true" />
<boolean name="savings_issue_enabled_OakNorth_2019_04_02_Fixed" value="false" />
<boolean name="savings_issue_enabled_OakNorth_2019_03_28_Fixed" value="false" />

<boolean name="octopus_energy_api_account_creation_force_enabled" value="false" />

<boolean name="7_k_loans_enabled" value="false" />

<boolean name="monzo_v3_enabled" value="false" />

<boolean name="new_fixed_savings_description" value="true" />

I was unable to perform a direct diff (for reasons :joy:) but hereā€™s what Iā€™ve spotted whilst skimming through the feature_flags.xml that I was given :smiley:

Looks like the OakNorth integration was a bit painful :sweat_smile: Glad to see itā€™s all been resolved now though :blush:

It looks like Monzo might be investigating larger loans :eyes: Up to Ā£7k, if I were to hazard a guess :wink:

Iā€™ve got no idea what Monzo V3 is :eyes: Iā€™m sure weā€™ll find out soon :yum:

7 Likes

This has been on the cards for some time now.

In the Making Monzo section it has been there for a few months if not longerā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ā£7000 seems like such a random number to increase a limit too?

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ll wait to see what happens with cards.

The overlays Marcus posted earlier are definately interesting as they open up a lot of combinations> Monzo card with any background colur, with just Monzo, Joint Account, Investor options (I wonder if Joint Account & Investor cards are possible? - it looks possible from the overlays)

The oddball though is the Monzo Plus overlay. It doesnā€™t have the ā€˜mastercardā€™ moniker at the bottom, its text is not aligned as the others ans itā€™s not in the same place - blocking out the Joint Account & Investor overlays. It looks weird.

1 Like