Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

(Sean) #901

Didn’t yesterday for me sadly, spending on the JA app closed on personal. Might work the other way around but I tend to use CC online.

Yeah the additional tap is slightly annoying but if it is to make way for Business accounts then that may not be such a bad thing. But do agree that if there is only one account would be great just to switch straight to that one

Is there a reason the internal Android/data file is still called: co.uk.getmondo ?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #904

Yes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is something that monzo are unable to change, something that was set (almost) in stone when Monzo were called Mondo :eyes:

Google don’t allow developers to change this domain sadly, I believe the only way to rectify this would be for Monzo to redo their Google app account ‘thing’ and to have every Android Monzo user to install a new monzo app :see_no_evil: not ideal :sweat_smile:

(James Morant) #906

The new account switcher is annoying as having added a second step at the opposite end of the screen. Perhaps it is time to start having some sort of rolling switcher across the top? That way you could always see which account you are currently looking at (if you are in Home it is not immediately clear if looking at joint or personal account).

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #907

Hopefully this will be taken into consideration when the account screen gets re-designed, which is coming :soon:

(Michael) #908

Rolled out to some people today…

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #909

Nobody I know is in the 15% :joy: But very awesome to see this feature rolling out :tada:

I reckon it would’ve slotted into Labs nicely :thinking: but ah well, it’ll be with everybody soon :sunglasses:

(Michael) #910

I’ve got it :eyes: #15%

(Jordan Taylor) #911

In the 85% club here!
Looking forward to trying this soon :slight_smile:

(Thomas Horne) #912

Likewise here.

(Jolin) #913

What would happen if someone else buys the getmondo.co.uk domain name in the future and releases their own app? (I mean in a general sense, not that I think this is likely with this specific case.)

They’re screwed, in general.

Though it should be noted that the Android devs made a mistake anyway - the general format is supposed to be reverse domain, so the package should’ve been uk.co.getmondo

(Sean) #915

I always seem to miss out on these :cold_sweat: :rofl:

(Gareth) #916

It is only an issue if the full package name is in use by another app on the play store. If that’s the case then you need to rename your package.

That’s why Google recommend reverse.domain.appname. If everyone did this we would never have a problem. The package name could be anything though

(David Walton) #917

V2.34.0 landed overnight.

Can’t see much UI difference on initial use. Was ‘Subscription Frequency’ (the ability to choose a wide range of timings for repeat transactions) a thing in recent beta builds?;

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #918

App version: 2.34.0 :grin:

Changelog:

More to come when I’m awake and not getting ready for work :yum:

APK Mirror: Here it is

Teardown: Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻 & Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives :man_technologist:

Yes, that’s been around for a while.

(I keep hoping it gets repurposed for recurring payments, too!)

(Jordan Taylor) #920

Lots of exciting stuff in this build it appears!
Just hidden under a feature flag at the moment :yum:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #921

Teardown complete :sunglasses:

:tada:

It spans 2 posts :stuck_out_tongue: Feel free to check it out :smiley: