Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Ive updated my app today bit i cant see my 16 digit number or the pay anyone option

V2.32.0

See this:

For now they’ve disabled it in a way that can be switched on later

3 Likes

Not too au fait with Android development

What sort of balance would there be typically here between feature flags that can be turned on remotely later and build time flags that “stub out” code that is in?

1 Like

Not sure exactly what you mean? :slight_smile:

I’ll answer this the best I can though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

From my experience, Monzo only include things which are ‘ready’ - by ready I mean ready either for testing (staff or A/B) or ready to be enabled via a Feature Flag :smiley:

If something’s totally half-baked it doesn’t make it into the app, bugs can slip through the cracks (of course :wink:) but if it’s in the app it’s usually pretty close to a Feature Flag flip.

Unless we’re talking about committed spending :smirk: that’s staff only! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but it’s not ready for the masses yet - hopefully one day that will change :pray:

2 Likes

Meant in the sense of whether the app can include resources (whether images or text strings) for features that cannot be remotely activated later

You have pretty much answered that though :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Announcement :mega::tada:

This thread will continue until I move to iOS :joy::joy: (i.e. for eternity) so nothing to worry about there :wink:

But the content will shift slightly in order to accommodate my shiny new developer oriented thread :hot_coral_heart:

What does that mean?

Well, all of my changelogs, APK mirror links, in-app screenshots, etc. will all have a permanent home here :grin: but the lower level technical details, string diffs, app images / assets / logos / etc. will all be posted over on this thread:

Don’t let the word developer intimidate though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it’ll still be the same fun content as this thread, just split into a different one :tada:

I am planning on linking posts to that thread though :sunglasses:

The new layout of my posts here will be something along the lines of this:

App version: x.y.z

Changelog: [image]

APK Mirror: (link)

Teardown: Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

Hopefully that sounds awesome! :tada: Give me a shout if you have any questions or suggestions :sunglasses: (Oh hey, that rhymed :joy:)

11 Likes

Thanks Marcus. Love all detail and now two threads to sate my curiosity

2 Likes

Marcus you’re honestly an asset to this community, keep it up!

4 Likes

CWSBxmHLzepwY

1 Like

Who are flux? :thinking:

An awesome company :smiley:

They want to modernise receipts by making them digital :sunglasses:

https://www.tryflux.com/

Oooo nice, thank you. Looks great!

1 Like

We just need it stop launch fully with :monzo: :wink:

Anything that suggests your CVC (security number thingy on the back) will also be visible? :eyes:

2 Likes

Sadly nothing to suggest that, the string backing this up is here:

<string name="card_number_hint">1234 1234 1234 1234</string>

There are no similar strings for the CVC :eyes:

I’m sure that the next update could include the CVC too :grin: but as I’ve not even seen the 16-Digit PAN in the app yet, I can’t guarantee that the 3-Digit CVC isn’t also there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Seems that this feature is mega close!! :eyes::grin:

7 Likes

Why do we need this?

Saves grabbing your physical card if you’re shopping on your phone?

I suppose tap to copy will be a thing too hopefully. :grinning:

3 Likes

Fair enough, however closing a secure page to open an app usually times you out, so would still be quicker to take your card out of your wallet.

If you close the secure page, yes. However, if you switch to an app this would be similar to minimising the secure page on a desktop.

1 Like