Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Same here. Some of those in Scotland are ATM transactions and I’ve not been there either :confused:

Yeah, I’ve never been to Northern Ireland but I’ve got a Matalan transaction from there :joy:

Some transactions don’t link to the physical location they link to the payment processing location :yum:

This is why you’ll notice some discrepancies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I got that. Real shame because it renders the feature almost useless.

I suppose unless you use it as a travel memento?

2 Likes

If that’s the case, it either needs fixing (somehow) or if it can’t be done it makes the whole feature pretty useless.

In fact, it will probably exacerbate things because people will assume they’re fraudulent transactions and according to my map there’s quite a few :scream:

3 Likes

Yep, we do the best with the merchant data that we’ve got as we don’t use the gps location. Often the payment terminals send a different address (head office for example) to the place that they’re physically located.

On the whole the markers should be reasonably accurate, but there will most likely be a few in places that you weren’t expecting – i’ve seen the middle of the ocean :pirate_flag:

If/when we decide to do some more work on this, then we’ll have to figure out a way of cleaning up the merchant data, which isn’t a particularly easy task…

5 Likes

Like this one one mine?

There are dots all over the place :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I don’t think that actually was the TV Licensing company on the phone :wink:

6 Likes

Come visit, ill buy you a pint!

Great weekend to do it too saying as its st paddys :eyes:

2 Likes

That looks like lat,lon 0,0 - should be easy for Monzo to auto-remove locations for anything tagged like that in their DB!

Cheers! :beers:

Busiest weekend of the month for me though :joy: I can’t be making a trip to NI I’m afraid :wink:

1 Like

That looks like Null Island.

1 Like

In one country I visited every single transaction shows on the map by the transaction as the same location, but the worldwide map shows the correct (ish) location

1 Like

That looks like a screenshot with a Google Pixel 3 XL outline.

I’m running Android Q :joy: Google have changed the screenshot behaviour so it includes the notch and the rounded edges of my display :see_no_evil: Looks pretty bad if you ask me :grimacing:

8 Likes

Some really wierd ones, a random coop in scotland, a pub in Nottingham… Steam and Amazon showing in Luxembourg. TV licensing somewhere off the coast of africa :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess based entirely on transaction data. It’s more surprising how accurate it is.,

That’s actually correct(Typical tax dodging :joy: ) Their offices are registered in Luxembourg. But its the more annoying stuff where local things are plotted completely wrong that annoy me

1 Like

maybe allow the user to edit the location of the transaction then / and or if it was on-line hide it?

2.39.1 appears to have been pushed to the beta channel. I wonder if it is just a bug fix :thinking:

Ah yes! I completely forgot to post about it :innocent:

I decompiled it and there was nothing I could discern from within the app :yum: lots of changes in obfuscated code that I can’t decipher (yet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

It’ll likely be a quick bug fix :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Any good tutorials you would recommend for a complete newbie to take a look at with regards to decompile apps

1 Like