Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Oh dear :see_no_evil: yeah that’s not ideal! There’s zero indication from the account page, you have to click into a pot to find out whether it’s locked - great if you remember everything you’ve locked, not great otherwise.

I’d definitely suggest that monzo put a padlock somewhere more prominent :grin:

Screenshots:

1074498970 779267704

8 Likes

Quick and dirty mockup…

Does everybody think this would be a bit better? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I like it, but with custom pot pictures, people may not like a big padlock covering their custom picture :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. Just a small padlock before the pot name will suffice - same size as the font used :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much better :sunglasses:

locked%20pot%20v2

7 Likes

Yeah that’s better. Quickly mocked up my idea too:

locked-pots

I noticed the ‘leaf’ icon comes after the ‘Home deposit’ pot so perhaps the lock icon could go at the end too?

7 Likes

Looks like that design aspect didn’t make it’s way to production :eyes: the leaf is still on the pot photo for me :yum: I think it would look pretty clean on the end (assuming the name wasn’t excessively long :joy:)

Ahhh ok, I just “borrowed” this image from the announcement thread to add my padlock :smiley:

There is enough room for a pot name to go onto 2 lines but anything silly you could always trim it with an ellipsis and add the icon after :sunglasses:

Plenty of good ideas though :eyes: . Now you can also see the new account screen I think you’ll agree that whatever Monzo choose it will be nice and clean :love_you_gesture: they’ve done a great job :tada:

2 Likes

I think the lock and leaf either at the top left of the pot image or at the beginning of the title would work best. Long pot names/small screens would cause issues.

3 Likes

I prefer the icon on the image corner personally as it eliminates and questions around name etc.

@nexusmaniac - out of interest, did the account page automatically change or did you need to reinstall?

1 Like

For me it just appeared after the last update. I can’t imagine that you would need to reinstall when it gets activated for your account.

Automatically :grin:

Though I did try everything I could (realistically there was nothing I could’ve done to trigger a server-side change hehe) :yum:

I like the smaller images, it,s annoying having to scroll so much to go through the list of pots at the moment. Especially because the images currently mean nothing.

id much rather be able to see all the pots on one screen so i can see all the balances together.

Anyone else managed to get the new UI to show up?

Mine is still showing old one.

1 Like

It’s being rolled out slowly and in small batches based on if it is successful.

If you have it now it feels like you’ve won the lottery :rofl: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is that even the case if you are using the beta version?

1 Like

Yep :smiley: It’s completely random, users on stable & beta are in with an equal chance of having the new screen activated for them.

It’s just a waiting game now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’ll be here before you know it though :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Version: 2.36.1

Changelog:

Changes:
https://community.monzo.com/t/unlocking-your-own-monzo-pot/60975?u=nexusmaniac

Teardown: (Might not be interesting :joy:) https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/59?u=nexusmaniac

4 Likes

It seems like making the “Unlock Pot” option so simple may reduce the effectiveness of locked pots. I’d be more in favour of a 24hr countdown or something, adding a bit more friction.

3 Likes