Monzo £71 Million Investment (November 2017)

Similarly, I invested the max of £1k in both first and second rounds and was eligible for 434 shares (~£1,023) this time.

1 Like

Crowdcube were incorrectly calculating allocations which should now be fixed — for anyone who receives an invite from now on. For those who already received them, you should receive a correction email. Sorry!

2 Likes

£350 = 148 shares on 994 shares last round so 6.72 shares / new share in this new round

against

£1000 in first round =1960 shares + £1000 in second round = 994 - total = 2954 shares elegible for 434 shares = 6.8 / new share

so on those figures the allocation should be 1 new share for every 6.8 ish shares held for a price of £2.35 ish per new share

1 Like

Just got my investment invite into my Junk mail box - showing a £220,000,000 pre money value £291,000,000 post money ?

• does todays announcement of £71,000,000 series D funding include the £1,500,000 crowd fund ? just trying to work out the percentage of equity Monzo has sold for my spreadsheet :slight_smile:

• just under 24.5% dilution if £1.5m is included ?

I concur. Good maths - thanks for this.

1 Like

Would it be possible to get the calculation on this, just so I can confirm the numbers I’m seeing are correct?

Can we get a note in this thread when all the emails have been sent, so we can check to see if any have gone astray?

I’m also being offered 1 new share for around 6.8ish already owned. Correct?

1 Like

Got email and it won’t let me add more than £20?

I’ve not had mine yet

CAAB8CA7-10FD-490E-9EF4-1436B6ADE6C4

that would suggest you had about 60 shares in total in the past funding rounds Danny

For sure :+1: I’ll do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

same for me, as well

So, the allocation is based upon your previous investments in Monzo for both rounds (eg. your total investment). It’s almost exactly proportional to that, but we have made one tweak — if it was exactly proportional, a large group of people would not be able to buy any shares in this round. That’d be around 3k people :cry:

We made the decision that was a very poor outcome for those people, so where relevant, they’ll be able to buy one share. That means those of us (myself included) who had more originally will get a very slightly smaller allocation than they would. This should overall be negligible but means that everyone can at least invest a little bit if they’d like to.

I hope that makes sense and is understandable! The main news here is next year’s round (in my opinion) where we won’t need to worry about small amounts :wink:

12 Likes

the little man appreciates this method of thought :smile:

But I have £1.5mill that I wanna spend :eyes:

2 Likes

@tristan sorry for another question :stuck_out_tongue:. Crowdcube seems to only allow you to enter a value in increments of £10. I assume it’s not actually going to charge these people £10 for that single share? (or me £10 for my 2 shares :wink:)

does it not show the actual amount you will be charged at the bottom of the section where you enter your amount ?

1 Like

“We will only collect the exact cost of your investment, which will be the maximum number of shares you can purchase according to your investment amount and round allocation.” Hope that helps :))

3 Likes