Monzo £71 Million Investment (November 2017)

I guess we wait until 2018 for the answer :slightly_smiling_face:

It is something along the lines of this Next opportunity to crowdfund?

1 Like

Aha! Interesting… thanks for pointing it out

Next step… ICO :wink:

2 Likes

Oh dear, MZC already seems to be taken :wink:

Above link does seem to explain a lot and also why you can not invest more i.e. too much money would come in to the business. Everyone wants to invest more (including me :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:)

Loads of ways to grow the £1,5k you want to invest now and hold it until the 2018 round which @tristan talks about yet which someone else also mentions is fake news? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

e.g. a low risk option; shuffle your personal finances > with Faster payments and the Monzo current accounts sending money back and forth to a nationwide flexdirect account will allow you to get 5% over any amount up to £2,500 (have to pay in at 1k each month but shuffling money means you can retain the rate and keep savings up to that amount in there) Or you can think of an IFISA (e.g. Crowdstacker), which has good returns, lending out your cash via Zopa or via other platforms in the UK (or NL, DE etc.). Decent returns, medium to high risk and you’ll have more Monzo shares in next year’s round :smiley:

1 Like

I received the email and when I click to go to Crowdcube, I can’t find Monzo opportunity!!

Hi there, I’m a Monzo investor. Crowdcube contacted me with an email yesterday saying they had a link for the new share offering. Used the link - but no info was revealed. I was signed into the Monzo app and the Crowdcube app at the same time but there is no offer visible.
Monzo customer services saying talk to Crowdcube customer services.
Crowdcube say talk to Monzo.
Help! Anyone having same issue?

2 Likes

Hey Graeme! Make sure you’re signed into the Crowdcube website when you click that link :slight_smile: It’ll then work

1 Like

when you press the link on the email sent by crowd cube do you see this ? as Tristan says you need to be logged in to your crowd cube account to see the Monzo investment

IMG_2522

if you’re not logged into your account you just get this from their email link - a great marketing opportunity for Crowdcube to reach out to existing investors in Monzo with their new crowd cube pitches :frowning: :frowning: hmmmm :-(:rage:

IMG_2523

Hi Tristan, I’ve been trying to do all this on my iphone6+
I just tried to do it on my iMac and it’s all done now. Thanks.

1 Like

This is great Ian. Ditched my smartphone and have now tried all ways to sort this out on my desktop - worked! Thx again. G

1 Like

I’m an early Beta investor, and then an investor via Crowdcube.

I’ve received my “Monzo’s investment round is open” email with the link in it to view the pitch, but when I click it I’m redirected to the “https://www.crowdcube.com/investments” page, and there is no mention of Monzo.

Can someone please advise on where I’m going wrong please.

note, logging into crowdcube does not show me the pitch either.

Thanks
Jeff

Ta, that worked.

“Thanks for making your investment in Monzo!”

I’m confused. Will people who aren’t currently investors get the chance on this round?

unfortunately not , but as mentioned in the thread Monzo are planning on another funding round in 2018

Ahh that makes sense now, cheers. I was confused about seeing 2018 then seeing people investing now? Didn’t realise it was two separate rounds.

1 Like

Think the problem people are having may be that if they have the Crowdcube app installed clicking the link boots up the app and it just goes to the homepage and doesn’t show any Monzo round, then navigating the app you still can’t find any Monzo opportunity on there even when logged in.

The way I got around it was holding on the link and clicking Open in Safari (or whatever other browser) then it opens without the app and shows the opportunity.

That’s annoying! I’m following up with Crowdcube to see if they can fix this, but as you say, best to open in web browser for now. Sorry!

1 Like