Messaging Apps

does it support google’s encrypted RCS though?

I do love the idea though, kinda something Apple should build an api for then each provider can integrate their messages into the central one albeit with the ability to launch the relevant app if funtionality isnt supported.

I guess we will wait to find out once they put it into mini, I don’t text a single soul though as we all use apps.

1 Like

Derp my edit didnt save, I want them all in a proper sole app.

:cry:

Why would any messaging service want to do this in preference to having you fully using their own app (unless they are a niche player) with all the benefits that gives them and their users?

No interest in iMessage so hoping they continue even without it but I doubt it as the money won’t be coming in

Beeper Mini be like

1 Like

They’re back in business. For now.

But the service is dead now either way IMO. It didn’t live up to the claim that Apple wouldn’t be able block it. And Apple are only going to be working to block it again. So no one can rely it for communication.

https://www.reddit.com/r/beeper/comments/18e8b8h/beeper_cloud_limited_functionality_still_imessage/

1 Like

I now have access to beeper cloud, and it supports googles RCS

4 Likes

Encrypted rcs?

I have no way to find out sadly, I don’t text a single person it’s all on apps so just showing what is on the screen. I have enabled it as my default SMS app now though.

1 Like

Source: Apple shut down Beeper Mini’s iMessage for Android (9to5google.com)

1 Like

So, if you want Apple products, buy an Apple product.

Makes sense.

3 Likes

Sticking firmly to the old “If you want to iMessage your Mum, get your Mum an iPhone” stance.

I do find it funny how people are so willing to install a random janky 3rd party app to enable cross platform messaging, when you can already pick from WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal etc.

What’s the obsession with turning texts into iMessages?

5 Likes

I don’t get it, WhatsApp is the essential everyone’s welcome app IMO.

I find people reply quicker on WhatsApp than sms/imessage.

I much prefer iMessage to WhatsApp.

I use iMessage for group chats if there’s no poor people otherwise you can very easily just use WhatsApp.

I don’t get the big deal

9 Likes

So this bit I fully understand. I know that in the US they are very iPhone/iMessage oriented. And I get the lack of wanting to immediately install a 3rd party app for messaging like we do in the UK/Europe with WhatsApp especially.

What I don’t get, is that if you have resigned to installing a 3rd party app, why waste time with something like Beeper Mini to convert texts into iMessages, which may or may not work in a few days time.

When a known, stable permanent solution already exists in the 3 I mentioned previously? Just let SMS die and move on! :rofl:

3 Likes

IMG_2707

5 Likes

How benevolent of you :laughing:.

3 Likes

This is why with remarks and an attitude like that but in the USA it’s this but worse so when a solution comes out people jumped on it. I know the real solution is just to buy an iPhone/pad and I would actually agree but when it gets this much hype people will of course try it.

For what it’s worth I’m enjoying beeper cloud a lot. Absolutely 0 interest on iMessage so haven’t activated it but works great on all my devices and scheduling messages on any service is handy.